Glee I

The classic story about how the popular, hot guy with a bad boy image catches himself falling for the shy and nerdy nobody, who hides out in the auditorium in every lunch break and just wants to survive her last three years of high school.

Chrystal Reed as Amelia Cain.

Amelia sighed as she parked her car in the usual spot just outside school grounds. She'd always parked there in fear of some hormonal jock slashing her tires or keying it as some dumb prank or in a screwed up attempt to get her attention. It was an irrational fear though. Amelia wasn't "popular" enough for that, hell, she wasn't even unpopular enough either. Amelia was simply one of those average students that no one important really paid any attention to.

Amelia wasn't invisible in the halls of William McKinley High, but she didn't pull a lot of attention to herself either, she just didn't take any chances. So like she would any other morning, she got out of her car and locked it before walking onto school grounds.

Amelia frowned as she saw the usual dumpster dive by Kurt Hummel, featuring whatever letterman jerks, happen a couple of feet away from her. She'd never actually spoken to him, but she secretly admired him for being so 'out there' and special, and he did occasionally wave at her or say hi.
Amelia quickly moved along without getting noticed by anyone. She had a talent for staying under the radar and avoiding whatever searchlights were pointing in her direction.

William McKinley High School was the perfect place to be a nobody. As long as you weren't in Glee-club, the Cheerios or on the football team you could end your high school years without having to worry about anything but the occasional harassment from one Sue Sylvester. That woman was a horrible person and Amelia often wondered about whatever had happened to her, to make her so full of anger, resentment and hate for other people.

Inside the school, people, as usually, were standing around in the hall, mingling with each other and saying good morning. Amelia casually went to her locker in the comfortable buzzing halls and gave whoever bid her a good morning a sweet smile and a small nod in return.
Amelia didn't have anyone at this school she really considered as friends, but she didn't mind.
Friends wasn't something Amelia had ever been particularly good at making, but she was a sweet and pure girl, and just for that, a lot of people liked her and enjoyed greeting her in the halls whenever she walked by. None of them really knew her, but it didn't seem to bother them either that Amelia was just that person. The quiet and gentle soul that most would recognise if she walked by, but no one ever really got past the 'I'll greet you good morning in the hallway when you walk by'-stage and on to the 'hello what's your name'-stage.

A pair of shoes standing in front of her made her stop and look up. "Hey Amelia." The girl read her teacher's lips easily and smiled at him before she gave him a sign to wait as she turned on her hearing aids. The man smiled as she winced at the noise around them. "Good morning Mr. Schue. Can I help you with anything?" Amelia gladly greeted her Spanish teacher back.

"Just wanted to give you a little heads up that the glee club has an extra practice after school today." He smiled at her politeness.
Will Schuester loved Amelia, she was the epitome of an angel. Sweet, pure hearted and selfless.
(And a grade A student.)

"Oh, thanks for the warning." Amelia smiled brightly at the man.
She could usually be found in the auditorium in either the lunch breaks or after school where she would practice playing the piano.
"No problem, I'm just glad that other people besides the Glee club uses the auditorium." Schuester said happily.
"Yea.. The arts are truly one of the most under appreciated and neglected subjects." She agreed softly.