1

You had brain cancer. You had been doing chemo and radiation for a little over 8 months.

You had been switched into another room. Room 143. You laid in your new room. There was a guy at the other side. He had brown hair with bleached blonde ends. He was smaller than the average guy. He was playing on a switch.

"What are you playing?" You said turning over onto your side. "Legend of Zelda" he said not looking up. "What kind of game is it?" "Action and adventure type of thing I guess" he said. He never looked up and his voice was very monotone. You became very interested in him.

"Why are you here?" You asked. "I have a shitty heart and I need a transplant" he said lowly cussing at his game. "How long have you been here?" "3 months" "that sucks" you said sitting up.

"What about you? How long have you been here?" He said. "I've been here for 8 months, brain cancer" you said rubbing your hairless head. "That's a long time" he said. "I hope you beat the cancer" "I hope you get the transplant" you said grabbing a hat. "My names y/n by the way" "I'm kenma" he said.

"Can I play?" You asked. He looked up. "I don't really let people use my games but, you can watch  if you want" he said. Having nothing better to do you agreed. You got out of bed and sat at the end of his bed. He moved to the side so you could watch.

You watched for a little while. You looked up when your mom walked in. "Hey mom!" You said getting up. "I see you and your roommate are getting along" "Yup! This is kenma" you say. "Nice to meet you kenma, I'm Angie" she said waving. He smiled. "Nice to meet you to" he said.

"Well I came to drop this off" she said passing you a few of the books you had asked for. "Thanks mom!" You said taking them and hugging her. She looked at her watch. "Crap I gotta go pick up your sister, I'll be back to visit tomorrow okay? Love you sweetie" she said and you said bye.

You went back over to kenmas bed. You sat down and watched him play again. "Your moms nice" "yeah, it's mainly an act to cover up that she's constantly worried" "my moms like that too" Kenma says.

"I don't blame them" he says. You look up to him. "It must be hard knowing your kid might die" "I'd say it's harder to know your dying, especially when your hospital ridden." "I guess so" he says.