4

It was a week later. You were having a migraine. The room was quiet and dark, only lit by kenmas switch. Your head throbbed in pain. Lately you've been having more more headaches and seizures happened more often. Kenma wasn't doing so good either, the doctors said he needed a heart soon or it's likely he'd die within the next month. It was painfully clear that you two wouldn't have much time. The doctors said you had at most another year, maybe if you were lucky two.

You clinged onto the railing of your bed trying to distract yourself from the intense migraine. Kenma looked over at you. He frowned, he hated that this happened most days. He hated even more when you had seizures. He sighed. He pressed the button for the nurse.

The nurse walked in. "Everything okay?" She whispered. "Can you get me the wheel chair?" Kenma whispered. "Of course" the nurse said bringing a wheel chair. She helped Kenma into the wheel chair then rolled him up next to your bed.

Kenma put down the railing. You tried to open your eyes to see him but couldn't find the strength. He gently held your hand. He intertwined your fingers. "It's okay" he said putting his other hand ontop of yours and brushing his thumb against your knuckles.

You squeezed his hand and smiled slightly. The pain didn't go away, but it became more bearable with his comfort. He sat there holding your hand and humming for hours. You had fallen asleep.

When you woke up he was asleep as well. His head laid on your bed. His hand still held yours. Your heart melted, he was beautiful when he slept. Your migraine had subsided. You watched as he slept, careful not to wake him up.

His eyes fluttered open. "Hi" you said lowly. "Hey, how do you feel is your head better?" He said sitting up. "Yeah, thank you for being there for me" you said squeezing his hand a little. "If it makes you feel better I'll do it every time" he said.

You raised your hand and brushed it against his cheek. "I'd like that" you said cupping his cheek and brushing your thumb against it. He took your hand and squeezed it gently. Then he brought it to his lips and kissed it. "I'd do anything for you if it meant you'd feel better" he said. You smiled.

"Get in my bed" you said. "What?" He said. "Lay with me" you said moving over to the side. He chuckled a little. "I'm gonna need some help" he said. You laughed and helped him. Once he was finally in the bed he was breathing heavy. He was on his back and you were facing him on your side.

When his breathing and heart rate calmed down, you moved closer. You laid your head on his chest. He wrapped his arm around your head and brushed his hand against your head. You laid there together for hours.

You felt safe in his arms. Safer than you've ever felt. You inhaled and exhaled his comforting scent. you warmed his cold body. At peace in this moment, you felt completely cut off from the outside world. Everything had slowed down and it felt as if it wasn't real, like a dream.