6

In only a few days Kenmas condition had worsened. He needed a heart and soon. He could barely do anything without loosing his breath and needing a moment. Your cancer hasn't gotten better but luckily it also wasn't getting worse or spreading.

You laid in bed and stared at Kenma. He was frail and pale. He looked exhausted and life less. You and many others were hoping for a transplant. If only you had more time. You wanted more, a normal life together. One in which you lived, actually lived life. One where you weren't both sick and dying, locked up in a hospital room. One where you went on dates and got married.

You knew deep down, you'd never have a normal life. All you could really do was hope. You hated the world for this, for sticking you in a room and making you fall in love with somebody. When in the end it would just end in pain.

"Do you want me to read to you?" You said. Kenma nodded and smiled. Your face heated up and you smiled. You started reading. You've probably re-read this book about ten times, but you didn't care. If it made Kenma happy, it made you happy as well.

"Y/n" Kenma said lowly. "Yeah?" "Hold me" he said. You smiled and got up. You made your way over and got into his bed. Under the blankets you held him. His head laid on your chest and your legs intertwined. He was freezing cold.

He breathed softly. You played with his soft hair. "Ken" you said. "Hm?" "I'm scared" "of me dying?" "Yeah" you said your voice cracking slightly. "me to, its okay. We're going to be okay, I promise" he said lifting his head up. He kissed your cheek gently. Your heart raced and your face heated.

For some reason you believed him. Even if he had no possible way to promise you that he'd live, you still felt like believing him.

"Goodnight y/n" Kenma said.

"Goodnight ken" you said.