7

Two days later. You were laying in your bed talking to Kenma. The surgeon and some nurses rushed in.

"We have a heart! We need to get you prepped for surgery right away" the surgeon said. Your eyes widened and you got out of the bed. "Really I'm getting a heart!?" "Yes yes no time for questions we must hurry" the surgeon said and they started Wheeling him out. "Good luck ken!" You yelled.

You smiled and laughed. Hes getting a heart, there's a chance. You took kenmas phone. You called Kuroo. He picked up and answered. "Hello?" "KUROO KUROO" you yelled. "What is it? Y/n is that you?" "YES ITS ME IM CALLING BECAUSE KENMA HAS A HEART HES GOING INTO SURGERY" you said in excitement you heard Kuroo jump up. "Really?! I'll be there soon I'm on my way" Kuroo said. "Okay bye be careful!" You said and he hung up.

About an hour later Kuroo came in. "How's he doing? Any updates" he said sitting down at the end of your bed. "Nope nothing yet, since we're not immediate family we won't know unless his parents tell us, but his mom said she'd come update us when she knew more" you said. "Okay, holy shit he's getting a heart" "he's getting a heart!" You said. You guys hugged and laughed.

You guys talked and chilled keeping each other company while you waited. Kenmas mom walked in. "So how's he doing?" You asked. "The doctor said the surgery is going well and that it should be over in 2-3 hours" you and Kuroo let out a deep breathe. "That's  great let us know if anything else comes up" Kuroo said. "Of course" kenmas mom said and left.

Waiting was hard but you and Kuroo waited patiently for another update. His mom came back in. "He's out of surgery and is in the ICU, we should be able to see him soon" she said. "Has he woken up yet?" "No not yet but he should wake up within the next 2 hours" "okay" you say.

Again you we're back to waiting. About an or so later kenmas mom had come back. "He's awake but groggy" "can we see him?" "I'm pretty sure you can't but I'll see" "okay" you say. She left and you waited. "You'll get to see him" Kuroo says taking your hand.

His mom came back. "You can come see him!" She said. "Kuroo get me the wheel chair" you say. You get in the wheel chair. He follows behind kenmas mom pushing the wheel chair. "This is his room" his mom said as you approached a room.

"Hey" Kenma said. His eyes were bright and his skin wasn't as pale. He looked alive. You smiled and bit your lip. Kuroo pushed you up next to the bed. You took kenmas hand. "how do you feel?" Kuroo says. "I feel, Alive." He says. Kuroos phone rings. "Sorry it's my mom I gotta take this" he says leaving the room.

You look up at kenma. You smile. He takes your hand. He gently puts it on his chest. You could feel his heart beating. "You feel that? It's a healthy heartbeat" he says a large smile on his face. "It's a healthy heart" you say.

"Kenma" you say. "Yeah?" "I love you" you say. "I love you to y/n" Kenma says. "Can I kiss you or are you gonna have a heart attack" "hey don't jinx it!" He says and you both laugh. When you both calmed down you looked at eachother. You stood up. You leaned down. Kenma raised his hand and cupped your cheeks, he brushed his thumbs in circles.

"I seriously don't think I could've fallen harder for you" you say.

"I fell and brought you down with me" he said a little laugh following it.

He pulled your face down and kissed you. Both of your hearts started to beat faster, Your stomachs filled with butterflies. You pulled away to catch your breath only to be pulled back in. You guys kissed for few moments.

"We should stop before I wear out my brand new heart" he said laughing a little. "Well I'm glad to know your as happy as I am" you say pecking his lips and sitting down.

"Visiting hours are over miss, Kenma needs his rest" a nurse said entering the room. "Okay" you said waving bye to Kenma. The nurse wheeled you back to your room. You got into bed and covered up. You stared at the ceiling. You smiled and felt tears run out of your eyes.

Kenma was alive, Kenma was safe, and hope for a normal life was restored in you.