1

It's amazing how much destruction one person can cause
~ Unknown

🐞🐞🐞

"I can now release as many akumas as I desire!" ScarletMoth exclaimed. With his staff he tapped his white butterflies and watched them dimmer as the pureness faded away, the evil sunk in and Akumas were born. A wicked grin took over his features, "Fly away my little akumas. Find Marinette and her friends. Evilise them ALL!"

🐞🐞🐞

The DuPain Cheng's drifted to the door, a frown on each of their faces. It was completely unjust. Totally absurd. It was, as Chloe would say, ridiculous UTTERLY ridiculous. Marinette had paid the price for a crime she didn't commit. Lila watched from her side of the locker room, a smirk playing at the corner of her lips - but she had to keep her poker face to sell the performance.

Marinette held the door handle in a white-knuckled grip. She'd been expelled. This was it. Au Revoir, Francois DuPont School. She took a deep breath and opened the door. A flurry of scarlet akumas swarmed the room. One of them dived into Marinette's purse, another targeted her mother.

A red butterfly symbol appeared on their faces.

Marinette felt angry, confused, hurt, scared and every other emotion on the rainbow. ScarletMoth was eager to take advantage of this.

"Verity Queen, Princess Justice. I'm Scarlet Moth. Since the innocent isn't to be believed anymore. I'm giving you both the power to expose the truth."

Marinette reached up and grabbed her earrings, ready to give them to ScarletMoth. A red blur grabbed them out of Marinette's hands and bolted, flying away from the scene; this didn't go unnoticed by a certain bespectacled blogger.

A purple fountain of bubbles overtook Marinette and her family.

"As for you my desperate loyal ones, disappointed by she who you admired so much I'm glad to have you back." ScarletMoth addressed Zombizou, Dark Owl, Reflekta and Princess Fragrance, "In return you will bring me Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculous."

🐞🐞🐞

"Sir! Check the news" Catalyst said.

"Why?" ScarletMoth asked. Catalyst took out her phone and passed it to him.

Nadja Chamack spoke "Don't be bemused, it's just the news. Panic arises in Paris. There are rumours of spotted Scarlet Akumas. Apparently headed for Francois DuPont. Ladybug and Chat Noir have not arrived yet. Will this be a repeat of Heroes Day?"

"So?" ScarletMoth questioned looking bored. What was the big deal? Of course the Parisians were scared.

"So?" Catalyst scoffed. "They're panicking. Everyone's panicking! It's a breeding ground for negative emotions. This is the perfect opportunity! Just like she said it'll be like Heroes day- but BETTER. We'll have more akumatised villains."

ScarletMoth's eyes widened as realisation washed over him. He just HAD to take advantage of this situation, he couldn't let an opportunity like this pass. At long last he would acquire the Black Cat and Ladybug miraculous. "You're perfect- it's perfect I mean." A/N real smooth Gabriel. He proceeded to evilise more of his butterflies. "Go my scarlet moths, EVILISE THEM ALL!"

🐞🐞🐞

Adrien stood in a cubicle, "Lila got Marinette akumatised!" He growled.

"No shit Sherlock." Plagg responded sarcastically. "Now we need to go. We have to defeat her"

"This is all my fault. I should've never given her that stupid High Road advice. I said Lila wasn't hurting anyone but she hurt MY Marinette! I mean Marinette." Adrien frowned.

"Okay you can drown in self-hatred later Adrien. We need to deal with her now!" Plagg yelled in frustration.

Adrien ignored him. "I can't fight her. I mean I can but it'll be hard. This is different. This is Mari. She's my good friend. I can't hurt her- no I'm not hurting her I'm saving her"

"WELL COULD YOU DO IT NOW?!" Plagg screamed. Stupid Adrien didn't understand the depth of the situation. This wasn't any normal akuma, this was Marinette: Ladybug Miraculous holder. If she wasn't defeated fast things would quickly go downhill.

"I've never seen you so eager to fight,"Adrien cocked a brow.

"We need to save pigtails," Plagg said. "So say the words and let's get this over and done with!"

"Plagg, Claws out!"

🐞🐞🐞

Alya's face paled. Marinette was Ladybug. She was sure of it. That red blur was her Kwami. How could she have not seen it before? Raven hair, bluebell eyes, pigtails, she even had the nickname 'everyday ladybug' for God's sake. And now she'd been akumatised.

They were doomed.

A hand grabbed her wrist and dragged her out of the locker room.

"We need to get somewhere safe!" Nino whisper shouted.

Normally Alya would put up a fight, claiming she needed to record for the Ladyblog: but not this time. This was different. Her best friend (Ladybug!) had been akumatised. She was in no mood to record anything. Hell! She was in such a bad mood that if she came within so close as a metre to an akuma it would surely take her over. And that was the last thing she wanted. So she let Nino drag her away. They ran down the stairs trying to get to the door.

"There's no point in going outside it's chaos out there - the rest of the students went outside and quickly got attacked. All the previous akuma victims have been re akumatised," Alix said from behind them.

"Apart from everyone here," Luka pointed out.

'Everyone here' consisted of Max, Chloe, Sabrina, Lila, Alya, Nino, Nathanael, Marc, Luka, Kagami, Kim, Alix, Ivan and Mylene.

"Well we can't stay here!" Alya shrieked, "There's villains in the school too. I'm leaving"

"We need to stick together" Max said, always the voice of reason.

Everyone - save Alya - nodded apart from Mylene and Ivan who were cuddling as they sung 'smelly wolf '.

"The villains are mostly on the higher floors. If we stay here we should be alright for a while until we can figure out an escape plan," Kagami said.

"So we're safe?" Lila asked.

"Safe?" A voice asked, "Don't be ridiculous darling"

🐞🐞🐞

Word Count:1000