19

TW⚠️: alcohol

Just remember that some people will be worth a second chance
~ Unknown

Lila wanted to get out of Paris as soon as possible. Italy was her home, it was clear now. The only thing Paris had brought her was suffering, well technically she brought it upon herself.

After apologising to the hero team Lila went home and told her mother she wanted to live in Italy with her dad. When her mother asked why Lila explained everything. Her mother was extremely disappointed and even called her father to insist he sent her to a strict boarding school while she was there, and that's what he did.

The moment the lockdown was over a flight was booked and Lila was off.

Sitting in the Italian airport she finally watched the news to catch up on things in Paris, there was no internet on the plane. She hoped the good guys had won- the good guys always win there was nothing to worry about.

She was right.

They had won.

And ladybug was Marinette. Of course she was? Of course she was!

Who else could it be?

No one else had that dark, shiny hair tied into pigtails- mostly because no one wears pigtails, seriously who wears pigtails? But Marinette made them work. And Lila wasn't in much position to be throwing stones when it came to hairstyles. Ever since Adrien took a dig at her bangs she realised he was right and had grown them out.

Joining the boarding school she found that they had life guard lessons to business courses and everything in between, this meant modelling courses. But upon taking the modelling courses she realised how strict, harsh and cruel the modelling world was and wanted no part in it. Sure she had the height for it (5'9) and the looks (subjective) and the talent (debatable) but she definitely didn't have the mental health for it (true). She ended up picking up another language. Now she could speak Italian, French and English. This served her well. She landed a job as a personal translator for a rich Italian dude. He was so rich that she was rich aswell- that's over exaggerating, she wasn't rich, not MDC rich or Style Queen rich but she was very well off. So much so that she'd started an *actual* charity for kids, one she didn't have to lie about. Lying wasn't something she did anymore, she'd changed her ways. If only Marinette could see her now. Maybe she'd forgive her- that's reaching.

Lila walked into a bar, she'd had a long day at work. Her Italian boss has 5 different meetings today, all with French and English people which means he required her and not Hailey his Mandarin and Cantonese speaker nor Greta his Spanish and German speaker. She ordered her drink and watched a man pay for it, for her. "Thank you," She smiled.

"No problem,"

Months later she found herself sitting in his apartment and calling him, "honey" and "sweetie". It would be quite a boring 'how I met your father?' story to tell her kids ("Oh yeah I met him at a bar") but it would suffice- if their relationship lasted long enough for them to have kids.

Now the year was 2022.

"Babe there's a letter for you on the table!" Peter yelled.

"Thanks babe!" She replied and walked over to the table and picking up the envelope. Pink and green. It reminded her of Adrien and Marinette.

She wished they could see her now. She wished they'd forgive her, give her a second chance- but that's be asking too much, right?

Wrong.

Said envelope contained her second chance, and she sure as hell was going to take it.

🐞🐞🐞

We Do!

Adrien Graham De Vanily
&
Marinette DuPain Cheng
Invite you to their wedding

Save the Date!: May 1st 2022
12 o clock in the afternoon

24, Coccinelle Rue, Paris

See you there!

🐞🐞🐞

Word Count: 658