5

You can't change someone who doesn't see an issue in their actions
~ Unknown

🐞🐞🐞

"I sure hope 'we' includes me," Princess Justice smirked then cocked her head to the girl sitting balled up in a corner on the floor, rocking back and forth, looking scared for her life. "Hey Lila," Princess Justice waved, her fingers moving one by one. "Miss me?"

"Hey Maribrat" Lila sneered.

Princess Justice floated down towards the floor. "Careful now Liar-La. You're treading on thin ice. One wrong word and this hammer," The hammer that had been held behind Princess Justice's head was now being tapped rhythmatically against her palm like a drum, mimicking Lila's heartbeat. Princess Justice made a show of twirling her hammer around then dropped it and the whole building shook. "Oops" She said feigning innocence.

Lila wasn't the only one scared shitless. The whole class was shaking even Chloe and Master Fu. They were silent. They didn't want to say the wrong thing. They didn't want to be on the receiving end of Princess Justice's wrath.

"I bet you thought what my mother did to you was your punishment," Princess Justice snickered.

"What?" Lila voiced timidly.

Princess Justice's eyes went cold, her voice too, "Did I say you could speak?" She snapped. Everyone flinched.

"As I was saying my mother's actions were only the calm before the storm..." Princess Justice trailed off. "Verity Queen seeks the truth. Princess Justice seeks Justice."

"Marinette I'm sorry. It wasn't my fault! HawkMoth manipulated me-"

"Who do you think you're bullshitting you human cesspool? If you think you can fool me then you've invented a new kind of stupid. When you said jump they (She pointed to her classmates) had to ask how fucking high because as we all know they're a few cards shy of a full deck.  They fell for your lies Hook, Line and Sinker. Ignorance is bliss, huh? (She turns to her classmates) let this be a message for you. If something sounds too good to be true, it just might be. You, Lila, can stop searching for sympathy. You're playing the worlds smallest violin. So cry me a river-"

"Are you quite done?" Lila snapped.

"You ruined my villain monologue!" Princess Justice screeched, "Now where was I? Ah yes. You know what they say: what goes up must always come down. And you have hit rock bottom. I'm tired of you Lila. So you'll get what's coming for you because shit's about to hit the fan. I mean seriously working for HawkMoth? It wasn't too hard to figure out (she glanced at her classmates) Once is a happenstance, Twice is a coincidence and Thrice is a pattern. There won't be a fourth time. (Lila let out an unintelligible squawk) I mean I just want to know though, why did you lie? Was it just for kicks?"

Lila didn't speak.

"Are you hard of hearing? I asked you a damn question!" Princess Justice yelled. "Nothing to say? After that shitload of nonsense you spouted daily and now you're quiet?

"I didn't even do anything," Lila growled.

"Oh you don't know the half of it! You got ME akumatised and claim you didn't do shit? Enjoy your date with denial. You are insufferable-"

"Stop lying!" Lila yelled.

"Oh? Projecting now, are we? I am going to make you feel what I felt but amplify it tenfold! Oh I am going to serve you your ass and you are going to say 'Itadakimasu' (Adrien grinned. He'd learnt that word from an Animé he watched) I'm going to send you into another world where you will suffer."

The gravity of the situation finally occurred to Lila, like a cup of water to her face.

"Hey Lila can I tell you a secret?" She stage-whispered as she bent down, "We could've been friends. You could've just been nice and told the truth." She straightened her back and held her hammer high like a baseball bat and began taking steps towards Lila.

"Marinette what are you doing?" Master Fu's voice wavered as he trembled with fear. This wasn't his Ladybug. She wouldn't harm someone, and if she did it wouldn't be this extreme.

"Marinette you don't have to do this," Adrien pleaded.

"There's a better way!" Luka said. And the group nodded along.

Marinette swung the hammer down low and knocked Lila out, "Bonne appetit" .

🐞🐞🐞

Word count: 732