Epilogue

In the end, she became more than what she expected. She became the journey, and like all journeys, she did not end, she just simply changed directions and kept going
~ r. m. drake

🐞🐞🐞

"Emma let go of me," Adrien groaned trying to walk with a 3 year old attached to his leg. The blonde, pigtailed, blue-eyed girl.

"No can do, Papa!" Emelie Graham De Vanily said.

"Emma! It's bedtime!" Adrien tried to shake her off his leg.

"No! I'm a big kid now! I wanna stay up," Emilie giggled as he shook her around. Adrien picked her up with one arm and she squirmed around, wriggling and kicking and screaming.

"Adrien! Did you give her some of your coffee? I told you not to let her taste your coffee!" Marinette whined as she manhandled the two raven-haired, turqoise-colour-eyed twin boys in her arms.

"What? Nooo way!"

10 minutes earlier...

"Daddy. Can I have some cofffeeeee, pweeease?" Emilie begged.

"I'm sorry Emma but Mommy said no," Adrien said, "Besides coffee tastes bad and bitter! Bleh!" He faked vomiting. Emma giggled.

"That's no true! Aunt Chloe gave me some coffee when she babysat me yesterday," Emma said.

"Of course she did," Adrien murmured.

"If you don't give me coffee then you aren't invited to the next tea party! With Mr Cuddles - Aunt Chloe gave me Mr Cuddles. Aunt Chloe let's me have coffee. Aunt Chloe says that I am a Queen and I can do whatever I like! She says that blonds are pretty so they rule and she put her makeup on me ," Emilie smiled proudly folding her arms.

"Next time I'm going to let Alya babysit you instead," Adrien sighed.

"Can I have some of Grandpa and Grandma's macaroooooons please?" Emilie sang.

"Nope. It's too late. It's bedtime," Adrien said.

Emilie ran to the table and grabbed the coffee and chugged it.

"Emma!" Adrien yelled.

"Haha!" Emma yelled triumphantly, then grabbed a bunch of macaroons and stuffed them in her mouth and ran off screaming.

Now

"I had coffee!" Emilie squealed jumping up and down.

"She gets her coffee addiction from you, you know?" Adrien quipped.

"I love coffee. It's so nice. So tasty. And it gives me an energy boost. And it's like wooo! POW! Kachow! (She had met Alix on her trip with Maman Marinette to the museum last week) I love coffee. I want more please Daddy. Mommy can I have mooooooore." Then she began chanting, "More! More! More! More!"

"And she gets her babbling from you too," Adrien added.

"Oh fuck off Adrien," Marinette muttered quietly but her sons heard her.

"Fuck!" yelled Hugo.

"Woaaaaah! No, no, no, no!" Adrien said panicking.

"That's a bad word Hugo! Don't say bad words!" Emma yelled.

"Fuck!" Louis cursed.

The twin brothers took turns yelling, 'fuck!'.

"Oh God," Marinette groaned slapping her hand on her forehead and letting it slide down.

🐞🐞🐞

"Once upon a time there were magical jewels created called the miraculous. They gave people super powers," Marinette narrated.

"Wooo Ladybug!" Hugo whooped from Marinette's lap.

"Who told you about Ladybug?" Marinette asked.

"Auntie Alya told me," Hugo smiled.

"I prefer Chat Noir! He's so much cooler!" Louis smiled.

"No way! Ladybug," Hugo argued. The twins continued to bicker.

"Who do you think is better Maman?" Louis asked blinking his big green eyes up at her.

"I think they're both really cool, they balance eachother out," Marinette answered.

"Is it true that you and dad are Ladybug and Chat Noir?" Emma asked.

"Really?" Louis asked eyes squinting, "Papa don't look like Chat Nwa at all!"

"Yes he does! Right Hugo!" Emilie said.

Hugo nodded.

"You guys are stoopid anyways," Louis said.

"Don't say that Lou!" Marinette said.

Louis almost started crying but then got up, "I'm going to go feed Jacques,"

Jacques was their family hamster.

Louis walked to the door and jumped to open it but couldn't reach. Adrien opened the door from the other side and picked him up throwing him over his shoulder, "You, sir are not going anywhere." Adrien tickled him.

"Stop Papa!" Louis giggled.

🐞🐞🐞

The children absolutely refused to go to bed. Every time they were placed in bed they would get back up. They would run around the house until their parents found them again and put them in bed. Then the cycle would repeat. The Italian-French-Chinese kids would not let their parents get peace of mind.

🐞🐞🐞

Eventually the kids got tired.

Adrien was sleeping on his stomach on the couch snoring- purring, with Emilie laying on his back sleeping also.

Louis was on the floor snoring incredibly loud and Hugo lay in Marinette's lap.

And as Marinette looked around the room.

At Hugo: her cute, funny son.

At Louis: her impulsive, gorgeous, determined (other) son.

At Emilie: her beautiful, sassy, smart daughter.

At Adrien: her talented, caring, amazing, loyal, strong, loving husband.

She had a family, she had friends, she had an empire.

Everything she ever wanted and dreamed of.

Her 15 year old self would be so proud of her right now.

She beamed.

This was it, she realised.

She'd won.

She was the Last Champion Standing.

🐞🐞🐞

Word Count: 866