12

TW⚠️: Contains suicide

I can't control your behaviour; nor do I want that burden... but I will not apologise for refusing to be disrespected, to be lied to, or to be mistreated. I have standards; step up or step out
~ Steve Maraboli

"You are NOT my Kitty!" Princess Justice shouted approaching him. "And you know what, I'm not scared of you, not anymore. Because I've defeated you before. And today I'll defeat HawkMoth which means Chat Blanc will never and can never exist again! I've had worse nightmares!" She dropped the hammer on his chest.

"M-Mari I-it hurts." He stuttered. His breathing was shallow. "Don't do this to me,"

"You're not real," Marinette said through gritted teeth.

Then all of a sudden Chat Blanc's suit turned black and his blue eyes green.

"W-what? Chat Noir?" Marinette asked. Her eyes widened in horror.

"Your worst nightmare isn't Chat Noir being akumatised. It's Chat Noir dying," He said.

"No! No, no, no, no!" She lifted the hammer, "Wake up! Wake up please! Chat!" She cried, tears rolling smoothly down her face and dropping onto her.

🐞🐞🐞

Pegasus: Me and Bassett portaled in. No ones there. They've changed locations

Carapace: Sandboy's been defeated. Mari should be safe.

Ryuko: Everyone head to the Agreste Manor now.

Chat Noir: I'll find Mari

Rena Rouge: I'll come with!

🐞🐞🐞

Princess Justice hugged Chat Noir's body close to her. Slowly he disintegrated in her arms.

"No! Chat! Please!" She cried hysterically. She choked on her tears, coughing hard. Her eyes were red and puffy and her head was pounding, aching. She was crying so much her stomach turned, bile rose up her throat and she threw up and began a coughing fit again. Her makeup was completely ruined, black mascara running down her face.

Chat Noir arrived at the scene, Rena Rouge tailing him. He saw her on her knees sobbing. He ran to her but halted when he heard her speak,
"I love you Adrien, Chat Noir"

🐞🐞🐞

Viperion paced up and down the living room.

"Relax Luka. I'm sure she's safe," Juleka said trying to comfort him.

"Lukihoney! I can give you a hug if you want!" Chloe offered.

"Marinette could be seriously hurt right now and you're trying to make a move on him? Seriously?" Nino asked. "Do you even care?"

"Of course I care! Ladybug's my best friend!" Chloe exclaimed.

"And also the girl you bullied for how many years?" Nathanael sneered.

"Just shut up Chloe. We're all on edge and you aren't exactly helping," Kim said.

"Ugh. Ridiculous, utterly ridiculous. I don't need your 2 cents Kimmy." Chloe said. "Sabrina I chipped a nail fighting dark owl. Fix it."

"No," Sabrina said.

"What do you mean 'no' ?" Chloe asked.

"Today when I was using the dog miraculous I had the power of loyalty," Sabrina said.

"Where are you going with this?" Chloe asked, "I didn't ask for your little anecdote,"

"And when using it-"

"Did I ask for your life story? Can you tell someone else your autobiography because I'm not really interested if I'm being honest,"

"No! You are going to listen to me! Today when I used the power of Loyalty on Simon Says and Prime Queen they had to do whatever I said, whatever I wanted, whatever I asked. They were like my slaves. And they had no free will. They were completely vulnerable. And I could do whatever I wanted with them because I had power. And then it reminded me of you, of us. But in our case YOU are Bassett Hound and I am Prime Queen. And I reflected on it. And I realised that it wasn't right, it wasn't fair. Not in the slightest. I do whatever you want whether or not it benefits me. Whether or not it's justified. You make me paints your nails, carry your heavy belongings and do your dirty work and I'm not here for it anymore. I'm finally standing up for myself. Gone are the days where I will do your homework. Gone are the days where I will follow in your shadows. Gone!"

🐞🐞🐞

They wanted to put her in a PRISON CELL?! As if!
She was The Lila Rossi. And she'd be damned if she'd let them stick her in an ugly orange uniform when she should be wearing Gabriel brand clothes.

When did her life get to this? She really couldn't remember. But it was probably good, right? Things hadn't been like this all her life, had they? So where did things go wrong?

No point in lamenting.

Lila toed the edge of the building she stood on top of.

She was on the roof of a 12-storey building. There was no way she'd survive this - that was the plan.

These people wanted to trap her, take her freedom and leave her in a cell? Yeah, right!

She was going to be free, finally free. Because Lila Rossi will not let them succeed in trapping her. Lila Rossi will always win.

She spread her arms and leant forward, closing her eyes. She felt like a bird, a butterfly- no that reminds her of HawkShit. She felt free.

As she fell the wind blew through her hair.

It was a cool, autumn night.

The breeze filtered in through her clothing. And she breathed in the scent of the fresh Parisian air, for the last time.

She felt her body nearing the floor.

5...

This is calm.

4...

This is quiet.

3...

This is peace.

2...

This is serenity.

1...

This is freedom.

She hit the ground.

🐞🐞🐞

Word count: 932