chapter 8 | i need u

A few hours pass by and you feel your phone buzz but with your luck, a customer hands you their food. You smile and start to scan their items. You see a coupon fee on the screen so you grabbed the coupon flier.

"Congratulations! You won the coupons because it's your tenth visit this month." You said, handing it to them. They smile and walk back to the ice creams.

"Here. I'll buy this too then." You nod your head and scan that as well.

"It'll be $15. Are you going to be paying with cash or card?" You see the guy in front of you pull out his phone so you allowed him to scan on the transaction monitor and smile.

"Hey. Could I ask you a question?" He starts.

"Sure. What is it?"

"Are you single?," You blinked a few times, understanding that he was trying to ask you out. "It's just that.. You're really pretty so I was wondering.." You smiled, wanting to stop him from embarrassing himself.

"Sorry. I have a boyfriend. Thank you though.." He nods his head as if he wasn't expecting a different answer and grabs the bag you had placed his things in before leaving. You sigh as you spot a few more customers in the store. It was normal in Korea for everyone to be here late at night but it seemed so late tonight. It was already 12:30 so you had an hour for the end of your shift. But you knew since you were alone here, you had to clean up and organize the boxes for tomorrow which meant basically another hour. You sighed again, continuing to scan the items and fixing up the things displayed in front of the cashier.

What felt like five hours, an hour finally passes by. You close up the store and start to clean up the place. And luckily since the manager had done the boxes, all you had to do was get rid of trash people left behind and take the trash out to the back. So you finished within half an hour. Once you were done, you quickly take out your phone and as expected, you see a few calls from Yeonjun. But what caught your eye was the number of the calls. 32? You scroll down on your notifications to see if he texted too but you see a few more calls from your mom. You quickly clicked on Yeonjun's notifications which led you to call him.

Yeonjun: "Hello? Y/N?"

Y/N: "Yeah. What's going on? I know I couldn't contact you but did you have to call my mom-"

Yeonjun: "Y/N."

Y/N: "What?"

Yeonjun: "Listen to me."

Y/N: "I am.. What? Did something happen?"

Yeonjun: "Look. I don't know the entire situation but your mom called-"

Y/N: "My mom? Why would she call you?"

Yeonjun: "Listen.."

Y/N: "Okay.. What is it?"

Yeonjun: "Your aunt-"

Y/N: "What about my aunt?!"

Yeonjun: "Where are you right now?"

Y/N: "I'm at work."

Yeonjun: "I thought you said you didn't have work this week?"

Y/N: "I had to fill in. Wait. I brought my car. Where should I go? Hospital?"

Yeonjun: "No. I'm not letting you drive on your own. I'll be there in two minutes. Hold on."