chapter 4 | truth untold

"If it's what I said a while ago, can you just forget about it? I just thought you were avoiding me but you can figure out your own problem so.. Yeah." He says, cutting you off. Your lips pursed into a line as you nodded.

"Huh? Um.. Yeah. Thanks..", You looked away a little ashamed to have let that chance run away again. "I guess.." You mumbled, hoping he doesn't hear. You don't even understand why it's so difficult to tell him. He was your roommate. Your best friend. Why did every situation have to turn against you? Was it just not meant to be? You didn't like to believe in meant to be's. They proved to be stupid and here was another reason why it was. If you chose to believe, then that would mean you'd have to give up on any of this. Should you?

"Here you go. Sorry for keeping you waiting.." The guy from before said. You shook your head with a smile as he placed the drinks down.

"No worries. Thank you.", You said, taking a small sip. "It's very good. Thank you for the recommendation." The guy smiles at your cuteness and nods. Yeonjun didn't seem very pleased with the both of you smiling and blushing at each other so he wrapped an arm around your shoulder, making you blush even more.

"Yeah. Thanks.." He says a little blatantly to the waiter. He was a little embarrassed as he took it that you were just here with your friend but to think, you two were more.. He bows a bit and leaves off to the other customers. You look over to Yeonjun, a little confused but still a bit happy. But before you could ask him anything, he drops his hand off you and scoots back to his position. You smiled, shaking off the thought.

After a while, you two finished up your drinks and made your way out of the cafe. The last few days have been hectic. You didn't completely understand what you were feeling and what you should even do at this point. He didn't like you. Right? He called you just friends. Literally. You let out a sigh subconsciously as you walked along Yeonjun down the street. He had noticed from earlier that something was bothering you and it was quite ironic cause he had something bothering him as well. He had felt guilty of what he said to you the other day. Even though you might not like him, he at least thought that he stood a chance if he confessed but there's no chance in that either anymore. Usually, whenever you showed the smallest sign of stress, he'd always walk over to you and ask if you wanted to talk. But now it's hard for him to do that too. All you both needed was communication but fear and confusion blocked both of your views.

"Wanna head up to the hotel and just rest? We don't have to be in the room. Maybe explore. I guess.. We could freshen up, maybe change our outfits. Most places open up at night here, especially those fun events." Yeonjun drags on his words, waiting for your response. You looked up, noticing that you didn't answer. This whole situation was actually making you space out.

"Huh? Uh.. Yeah. We can do that. Um..", You pulled out your phone and clicked on the address you had set on your maps. You handed it to him with a small smile. "That's the place. I can get another hotel room by tomorrow morning if I book one today." You said, feeling a bit worried about sharing the same bed, especially with these feelings stirring inside you that were growing and growing the more you thought about him.

"Uh. Yeah. I can pay for that.", You smiled, not knowing what else to say. He took in a breath and took out his car keys. "Okay then. I guess we can go over. Get in the car." You did as you were told and climbed in the passenger seat. It didn't take long, which was good for you because you couldn't bear the silence any longer. Once you reached the hotel room, you got yourself situated as well.

"So.. Where should we go?" You asked. It wasn't like it was too hard to talk to him. Just a bit.

Before you could think any further, Yeonjun interrupts you.

"Hey Y/N.." You look up at him, who was sitting down at the bed.

"Yeah?"

"Can we talk?" Already? You gulped and walked over to him slowly but not too noticeable. You sat down next to him and lowered your head in case you blush from the embarrassment.