chapter 2 | for you

The next day, you woke with your koala on your drawer, fixed. It was a little bit of a messy job but it was put back together. You frowned, yawning. You stood up, sliding your slippers on and walked to the bathroom. You tried the knob but it was locked. You were still half asleep and the only thing you needed to do right now was pee. You knocked.

"Yeonjun! Are you in there?", The door slightly opens so you walk in, only to see him brushing his teeth. "I need to pee." You ushered. He gave you a weird face and looked at the toilet.

"Then pee."

"Right now?" Your eyes widened before you pushed him out. You locked the door and quickly did your business. It took less than a minute until you opened the door again. You grabbed the door of your mini fridge, taking out a moisturizer.

"How was your peeing, milady?" He says sarcastically. You rolled your eyes but chuckled.

"I guess I drank a lot yesterday." You patted down the cream on your face neatly before looking over to him with a smile. He spits out the foam in his mouth, rinsing it. He's never seen any other girl as pretty as you without makeup.

"You sleep alright?" You looked at him, putting the cream back before nodding.

"You?", He chuckled and pointed to his eye bags, making you remember the stuffed animal from earlier. "Was it you? That fixed the koala?"

"You said it was important. I did my best." He pulled up his fingers to your view and you see a bunch of bandages around most of them. You gasp, feeling bad. You didn't even notice since his palm had covered his fingers before.

"Oh my god. Wait. Let me treat that for you. Did you put ointment on it?", He shook his head so you took his hand, looking at it. You pulled out the second drawer, taking out a first aid kit and walked over to his bed since it was the closest. "Here. Sit down.." He did as you asked, sitting down. You took a few clean bandage rolls and some ointment before slowly taking off the ones taped onto his fingers already. He winched at the fabric being ripped off.

"I'm sorry. I know that koala meant a lot to you. I'm still being a nuisance to you.", You continued to tape the rest onto his fingers more carefully as you listened. "It's not like I meant to. I should have been more cautious." You were almost done with his fingers when you looked up at him.

"I don't know what's more pathetic. You not being able to sow or you apologizing over and over." You teased before he grabbed your hand, stopping you.

"It's not like you can sow any better." He retorted. You tilted your head, chuckling. He was right.

"You got me.." He smiled, seeing you laugh. It wasn't so long ago since he's seen you laugh but now that he knew a part of your past, he felt sad. He's never had to go through something like that and he would never want to. It hurt him to know that someone like you could be in such a situation.

"Thanks.."

"For what?"

"For forgiving me." You finished treating his cuts as you looked up at him.

"You're my roommate. I couldn't be mad at you even if I wanted to. I'd have to keep coming home to you anyway. It'll be a hassle trying to avoid you inside and outside the dorms.", You said truthfully. "Anyway.. I need to get to class in about an hour so I'm gonna get ready." You stated as he nods. You stood up from his bed while Yeonjun stared down at his hands. He looked stupid but the thought of you doing it for him was so kind.

And that.. Was how you met one of your best friends, Choi Yeonjun. It's been almost a whole year since then and the end of the school year was nearing. You had two months of school left and all of you were getting prepared for finals next month.