chapter 1 | my time

college was never easy on anyone. especially not right now. at least not for you. your past roommate was a clean freak and the office finally granted you another roommate. but due to the gender equality rule that has been established, some people are to share a room with opposite genders. you were okay with it as long as they weren't too strict or too loose but it still made you nervous. "y/n!" you turn around to see your best friend, sooah and instantly smile as she runs up to you. she had been away most of summer break because her father had these business trips and he wouldn't let her stay here on her own. she jumped up into your arms, making you twirl around from the sudden force.

"oh my god! it's been way too long," you said as you placed her down. noticing that she didn't have her luggage with her, you frowned, thinking she wasn't going to live here. "where's your..." your words trailed off as sooah noticed what you were trying to say.

"oh! i already had my luggage dropped off. i met my roommate. she's really nice. her name's choi jisu. she goes by lia since her english name is julia. she's studying abroad over here. she moved from canada but technically, this is still her hometown." she explains, obviously excited. you nod your head as she smiled brightly at you.

"i still haven't met my roommate. hopefully, they clean after themselves. it'd be nice if they're chill too.." you added as sooah agrees with a shrug. she hears her phone go off and pulls it out. she shows it to you with a scary look. seeing her dad on the caller id, you nod your head, understanding.

"sorry!" she says, smiling apologetically before leaving the room. after a while of you continuing to unpack and organize things, you hear a knock at the door. you look over and see a guy with a few boxes in his hands.

"um.. sorry. can i help you?" you said as he placed the boxes down. he was good looking, you had to admit. he chuckles, checking the door number.

"room 75a. i'm right. you must be my roommate." he says, giving you a sweet smile. you had just finished up your drawers so you stood up, making your way over.

"i'm a junior, seo y/n. nice to meet you." you reached out your hand as he softly accepted it, staring at you.

"yeonjun. choi yeonjun. i'm a senior..", he lets go, clearing his throat before looking around. "it's pretty spacious here. huh?" he says and you nod, moving out of his way for him to get ready. he starts to place his belongings on his side and walks into the bathroom with more supplies. you looked over to your mini fridge that you got for your cosmetics, frowning. since it needed a charger yet an accessible place for after showering, it was kind of difficult to find a place for it without talking with your roommate.

"hey. um..", he looks over, attention on you. "do you mind if i had this in the bathroom? it's just.. it's for my cosmetics and it'd be nice if it wa-"

"sure. do whatever you want. i'm pretty cool with anything." you smile before grabbing your fridge.

"thanks.." you were a bit awkward with this whole new thing since you've never had a roommate with the opposite gender. not that it mattered but.. you were just a bit unfamiliar. you quickly took the fridge inside, plugging it in the outlet. the room was really nice. too nice for a mere university.

the day quickly passed with unpacking and getting to know each other. you found yeonjun quite fun. he seemed like a nice guy and you were actually happy to be paired up with him. a couple weeks eventually went by as your classes started and things were back to normal. you were out for the day since you were shopping with sooah.

"what about this?" sooah points to a denim skirt with some cute patterns knitted onto it.

"it's cute but it seems too winterish.", you stated. she nods, thinking of what to wear. her father had a party or actually, it was more of a gathering for his company. one of his best employees was getting a promotion and he planned a ceremony to congratulate him. being his daughter, she had to represent herself in the best way possible. you sighed before turning around. you see a familiar back figure. you squint your eyes until the person slowly turns around, causing you to recognize him instantly. "yeonj-"