Chapter Four

Back to normal POV

Sophia and Izuku split ways and said their goodbyes. Izuku headed back to the UA dorms, and Sophia walked the rest of the way to her house. Mandy followed close behind, she was being entertained by a pinecone. 

You may have noticed by now, but ever since the buffalo incident both Mandy and Sophia changed a lot.

Sophia let her hair grow out, so it didn’t have the unnatural blonde color anymore. Instead it was a wavy brown. She is also a little more confident in her abilities, mainly because she knows Mandy will always have her back. 

 Ever since that day, Mandy has been less obnoxious and doesn’t freak out in the line of danger, because nothing can hurt her anymore, she's already dead. Now her only weakness was her mission to find the perfect boy. 

“Sophia?”

“Yes Mandy?” 

“I know I’m kind of boy crazy, but I really do think Izuku and you would be cute together.” Mandy said in an oddly serious tone.

“Yeah… maybe.” A blush spread across Sophia’s face. “He did invite us- er me, to check out his school tomorrow. That’s okay with you right?”

“Yes! Yes! A million times yes!! Maybe I can meet my man there.” Mandy giggled.

Sophia smiled at Mandy and turned back around. She let her smile relax into a frown. She knew Mandy wanted to find her perfect guy, but what would happen when she did? She’s a spirit and only Sophia can see her. She shook the thought off and opened the door to her house. 

“I’m home dad. Sorry for being out so late.” It was 8pm. 

“That’s okay. Dinner’s on the counter, you might need to warm it up. Sorry.” The man sitting in the recliner said motioning towards the counter. 

“Thanks dad.” Sophia warmed up the noodles and sat down on the couch next to her dad. “Hey dad?”

“What’s up?” He paused the show he was watching. 

“W-would it be okay if I checked out a school tomorrow?” This might not seem like a hard question to ask, but after Mandy died Sophia dropped out of school. So school was a touchy subject. His eyes widened.

“Yes! Of course! Do you need me to drive you?” A smile stretched across his face.

“No, no it’s okay dad. Don’t worry about it. I can walk. You need to get some sleep.” She put her hands up as if in surrender. 

“You’re not wrong there." He laughed. His chuckle ended in a yawn. "Tell me how it goes.” 

“I will.” Sophia picked up her now empty dish and brought it to the sink.

She picked up a blanket and placed it on top of her dad. “Goodnight dad.” She walked to her room and got ready for bed.