Chapter Five

The Next Morning

    Sophia was ready. Nothing could get in her way. She was unstoppable. She took a shower 3 hours before she had to leave so her hair wouldn’t look like a deep fried squirrel. When it was dry she pulled it back into a half ponytail and half hair down kind of thing.

She wore a light gray baggy band t with cuffed sleeves and black ripped jeans. Can’t forget the iconic air force ones. 

Finishing off her look she curled her eyelashes, applied mascara, and a little eyeliner and concealer (Idk makeup stuff).

 Mandy looked the same as she did everyday. She wore the same ripped blue jeans with a black tank top covered by a red and black flannel. Along with a black beanie and black converse. This was the same outfit she was wearing when they were attacked by the buffalo.

So instead of getting ready she laid on Sophia’s bed and listened to starshopping on repeat. 

“Bye dad. I’m going to check out that school.” He was still asleep in the living room, but she felt the need for a proper goodbye.

“Come on Mandy lets go. Turn off the music.”

Oh yeah I should have mentioned that earlier. Sophia can kind of control her linked spirit. For example, she can control what Mandy can make contact with. So if Sophia allows her to turn off touch the speaker she can. If that makes any sense. 

Mandy turns off the depressing music and they head out the door for UA.

I didn’t feel like writing about them walking to school so TRANSITION now they're at school

Sophia’s POV 

    Walking through the gates was like walking into a whole new world.

There were kids everywhere and all of them were so unique. Except for the fact that they were all wearing the same uniform… that’s when I realized… they all had school uniforms.

I looked like an emo kid in the middle of a rainbow. This was gonna be a long day.

    “S-sophia? H-hey! Sophia!”

I knew that stuttering mess of a voice. I turned around and, yup, I was right. Izuku was fiddling with his fingers and looking at the ground. I walk towards him and wave.

"Hey Izuku!"

    “Um so I have some time before class, do you want me to show you around? You don’t have to say yes, b-but if you end up going here I thought it would be nice to know your way around. Even though I’m sure you’ll pass! I’m sorry. Is that weird? That’s totally weird isn’t it? You don’t need to come if you don’t want to. Also I have a uniform you can wear if you want. Not that I don’t like your clothes now! I just thought you would be more comfortable in a uniform. Well not really comfortable, but more blended in. But you don’t need to blend in. I mean it’s not like you’re standing out! I just thought you might want one… I’m sorry I did it again.” He bowed his head and lifted his shaking hands up to reveal a school uniform. 

    How can he be so cute, but also give me a headache at the same time?

“Oh-uh um don’t worry about it. Ha. Ha. Thank you for the uniform.” I take the uniform. A few silent seconds pass before I speak again. “Um, is there a bathroom I can change in?” 

    “Oh yeah! Over here.”

Izuku takes me to the nearest restroom. I thank him and walk into the lady's room. As soon as I enter Mandy bursts out laughing. At least she tried to keep it in while I was talking to him.

    “I can’t-” She continued to wheeze. “You guys are both so awkward it’s adorable haha!” At this I began to blush for what seemed like the millionth time in the past few days.

    “Shut up! You realize the more you tease me about my relationship, the more I can sabotage yours.” I warned her and flashed a devious smile. Her laughter died down and she gave me my privacy while I changed. 

    When I finished changing I walked out of the stall. There was another girl, she was staring into the mirror. She was in the way of the sink so I stood behind her waiting for her to move. A few minutes passed and she was still staring into the mirror. 

    “Um, excuse me. Sorry, but would you be able to move over a little bit? Sorry.”

I didn’t want to wait any longer, but I also didn’t want to be rude. She turned to me, her eyes wide and her mouth open. 

    “You can see me!?” She basically screamed.

    “Of course I ca-” She’s a ghost isn’t she. “It’s my quirk. Um I know this is a sensitive subject, but are you dead?”

The ghost had bright blue eyes and long straight brown hair. She was wearing a pink crop top with black high waisted jean shorts.

    “Well I was training with the rest of my class and then an All Might poster fell from the wall. Everyone else was training, but I wanted to watch it fall, so I walked towards it. Then it hit me and I was trapped underneath it. I remember coughing a lot then blacking out. When I woke up the poster was gone and no one was there. Now everyone acts like I’m not even here. So yeah I guess I could be dead.” She told me the story of what she thought to be her death.

Didn’t top death by buffalo but it was very close. Death by All Might poster.

“Wait can you see me?” Mandy spoke up. The other girl nodded. “My name's Mandy.”

“My name's Grace.”

That’s how they met Grace.