XVI. Jill on the Rampage

Sabrina stands between her sisters as they wait for Abby to start the pyramid.

I hope this week is a lot calmer, Sabrina wishes. I'm glad Brooke is back even if Payton is gone.

"Alright, first I want to talk about last week," Abby starts. "I must say I'm a little disappointed. We were outdanced. It's that energy level. You can't have a bunch of slugs out on stage. This weekend we will be attending Dance Explosion in Secaucus, New Jersey.

"You're gonna get some heavy hitters there, I'm telling you right now. I'm gonna start with the pyramid. And first, I have Kendall. Kendall, I thought you did a nice job. You're here because your mother is way too needy."

"Abby that's ridiculous." 

Sabrina rolls her eyes at Jill's protest. 

I'm dramatic, but Jill is over the top and 46. I'm 11; I should be dramatic.

If Kendall doesn't have a special part in the group, doesn't have or solo, and is not in a duet or trio, Jill loses it. It's annoying.

"'Why isn't she doing a solo?' 'Why isn't she doing a duet?' 'Why doesn't she have a special part?'" Abby imitates Jill.

"And that's needy?" Jill questions. "That's inquisitive. Why doesn't she have a solo? You're punishing her for something I did."

Abby points at her. "Bingo! There you go!"

Jill makes a face but stays silent, which Sabrina thought was the best decision she's made since being here.

"Moving on. Nia. Once again, I need to see energy. I need to see excitement. Next, we have Brooke. You're back, but is Brooke really back? Moving on. Paige, great job in the tuck. I just need to see you do that throughout all of your dancing. Moving on up the ladder. Sabrina, Elsa, Bianca. You didn't have solos or a trio, but you did very well in the group routine."

Sabrina didn't mind that she wasn't on top of the pyramid. She didn't do much last week, so she would have been shocked if she was on top of the pyramid.

Unconsciously Sabrina rubs her left arm. I don't even think I deserve to be sixth on the pyramid. I had three solos and I've lost all of them.

"Maddie, you danced well. I expect more from you," Abby continues. "Chloe, same thing. Great performance onstage; you just need to learn to pick up quicker. And at the top of the pyramid..."

Sabrina glances over at Mackenzie who covers her grin with her hand.

"...Mackenzie."

Sabrina joins the others in clapping for their youngest members.

"She won in Nutley, New Jersey. She won in Long Island, New York. Do you have another win in you for Secaucus, New Jersey?" Abby shrugs. "I don't know. We are not going to do a group routine this week. Each and every dancer will be doing a solo. It's every man for himself. This is your chance to shine."

Sabrina frowns as the other girls jump in excitement. She hasn't had a solo in weeks. She should have known it wasn't going to last.

Abby looks over at the Moms. "And for one time only, you all get to help with the costumes."

A small smile lit her face at the disgruntled noises coming from the moms, her Mom in particular. Mom is superwoman except when it comes to sewing.

"This is your chance to go for that Tony, Christi," Abby teases. "You're gonna come to me and show me what you have. I can veto it, or I can accept it. I don't want to see anything from any other studios. I want to see you come up with something original. Mom's I'm gonna dismiss you at this time, girls spread apart start warming up."