XXIII. I Know What You Did Last Week

Entering behind the rest of the girls, Bianca stood at the end of the line.

Grinning, Abby spreads her hands wide. "Finally, overall high score, junior group. Let's move on to the pyramid."

She didn't even give us time to celebrate, Bianca thinks absentmindedly. Usually, Abby allows them time to at least clap, if not cheer. She really wants to get to this pyramid.

She didn't even blink when Abby reached for the end of the pyramid to reveal Brooke's picture, with 'Probation' written on it. "First, we have Brooke. Probation, so no solos this week. Paige. Same thing. Brooke, Paige, you didn't do your routines; nobody got to see them."

"They didn't not do their solos because they weren't prepared," Kelly says. "They didn't do their solos because of unfair treatment."

Subtle Bianca rolls her eyes. Personally, she didn't understand why Kelly, Brooke, and Paige were still here. They're her friend, but if they hate it so much and Paige is crying every day, they shouldn't be here.

Abby waves her off. "Well, regardless, it doesn't matter. Chloe. Last Monday you went to the doctor's then you went to the movies. That's ridiculous. You need to be in class, not at the movie theater. Mackenzie... you did a great job, but it wasn't your best. You need to be in more ballet classes.

"Nia. You're here because you worked very well with Mackenzie. I gave you a role; you were the ringmaster in a circus. Some may say it's a little immature for you."

A little? Bianca frowns. Mackenzie is three years younger than Nia so if Abby is comparing them together it's not a good thing.

"... that you had fun with it, that you were entertaining to the audience," Abby finishes. "Next, we have Elsa. Your routine was beautiful, but you got beat by someone two years younger than you."

Glancing at Elsa, Bianca saw her frown before it quickly disappeared.

"Next, we have Maddie. You stepped out on stage, you started your routine, and your music skipped. You didn't let it get the best of you. You stayed out there, you kept going, and you finished without missing a beat. You really had the audience behind you," Abby compliments. "So I don't know what happened with the CD. It was just scratched, but we need to move on.

"Now we have Bianca. Bianca, you always bring the emotions, but maybe because it was the first competition, you lacked a bit in your technique."

Blonde brows furrow. I thought I was good.

"And on top of the pyramid is Sabrina. I love giving you a jazz number because you take it, and you make it a show. You were perky, you were flirty, you were fun. You were everything I wanted you to be, and I didn't have to tell you to do so," Abby claps her hands together. "That's a dancer."

Bianca could practically feel Sabrina's happiness. "Thank you!"

"Now this week we're going to the Energy Dance competition again. It's in Waterford Township, Michigan," Abby announces. "Last week, when I called to enter the routines, Gina, the owner, she told me there are two studios specifically coming to be the Abby Lee Dance Company."

Holding her hands in prayer Biance looks up.  Please don't let it be Candy Apples. It's three weeks in, and we haven't seen them. Let's keep it up.

"Let's talk about the group number. It's called 'Silver Spoon.' 'Silver' meaning the finest quality flatware. Meaning the luxuries of life. The country club, uh... the finest school," Abby explains. "Bianca, Elsa, Sabrina this is something you're used to. So this is a pretty dance. We also have a prop. We have a big giant spoon, and you pass the spoon around throughout the routine.