17- Arvin Russell: part 2

This is the second part of the Arven Russell imagine I hope you enjoy it.

Word count: 1590

"Arvin go hide and I'll act like I know nothing about you coming back and that I'm looking for Oakley so take her with you," I said quickly and he nodded and ran off.

I was in the middle of the woods and pretended to be looking around. "Y/N?" I heard Lee call out and I looked around. "Over here," he said and looked at him. "What are you doing out here alone?" He asked as he approached me. "I'm just out here looking for my dog, she an off a while ago," I lied.

"Why are you here Lee?" I asked. "I'm looking for a fugitive, that kid you used to hang out with, the Russel boy. He is a murderer and someone called in saying they saw him in town." He explained as we walked deeper into the woods.

"I didn't hear anything about him being in town, I sure hope he is though. I haven't seen him in years," I stated. "He is a murderer Y/N, who knows if he is even out here waiting to kill us," Lee said.

"I doubt that," I started, "Oakley! Come here girl!" I called then whistled for her to come. Just as I predicted, she came running through the woods and right up to me. "Good dog you have," Lee complimented and I nodded.

"Boy if you're out here then come out, I ain't gonna hurt you," Lee shouted after a moment of silence. I had just noticed that Lee was holding a shotgun and he gun checked to make sure it was loaded.

"Don't worry it's not for him," Lee reassured and I sighed in relief but was about to ask what it was for but he quickly grabbed me and held the gun to my head.

"Let me go!" I yelled and struggled to get out of his grasp, "Please let me go! I don't know anything!" Oakley was barking and trying to bite Lee but he kicked her. "Lee stop it," I yelled again and he tightened his grip.

"Don't make another fucking move or I'll shoot you and your damn dog," Lee shouted and I froze. "Sherrif don't hurt her!" We heard Arvin yell in the middle of the woods. "I'll come out just let her and her dog go," Arvin aloud.

"Let me see you first so I know it's you boy!" Lee shouted back and put the end of the gun against my head, "Come on now!"

At this time I had a lot of things running through my head. I thought about all the good times Arvin and I had as kids, I thought about the good and bad things that happened leading up to this very moment.

I wouldn't say I was scared but I did feel somewhat at ease. I knew Arvin would be able to get us out of this situation alive. He was always a smart boy. My thoughts were interrupted by Oakley barking at something that made a noise in a bush.

The bush that the noise came from was big with many leaves on it, well up into the point until Sherrif Lee shot it with the gun. The noise echoed through the woods and any other small noises weren't heard for a while.

Lee pushed me to the ground, "Don't fucking move," he demanded. Oakley walked over to me timidly and I had her sit next to me and stay quiet.

Lee was busy looking around the bush area to see if he had shot Arvin but while he was moving branches out of the way and making noise, he hadn't heard footsteps behind us. 

Arvin held out his gun and glanced at me quickly then pointed the gun at Lee. Arvin was about to shoot him but Oakley had to bark at the wrong time.

Lee quickly whipped his body around and looked at Arvin. He was about to aim his gun up but Arvin didn't hesitate. Arvin shot the sheriff.

Lee looked at Arvin in his eyes for a moment then down at his abdomen. There was a red spot on his white shirt and it was quickly spreading.

Lee then looked at me as he fell back to the ground. I sat there in shock and held onto Oakley so she wouldn't run over.

Arvin walked slowly over to Lee and took the gun out of his hand and threw it to the side. He then kneeled down and pulled something out of his pocket.

It looked to be a little polaroid picture. "I had no choice, they were gonna kill me I swear," Arvin said showing Lee the picture.

"I begged her to put the gun down," he continued but brought the picture down as Lee looked up at the sky. "I'm sorry."

Arvin put some little canisters from his pocket and stuffed them in the sheriff's jacket along with the picture. He stood up and walked over to me.

"Are you alright?" Arvin asked as he held me up and I nodded. We walked over to where there was a little opening in the woods and a cross nailed to the tree.

Arvin kneeled down and dug a little hole in the ground. He placed some animal bones in there, which belonged to his old dog, and the gun. The gun that used to be his father's and the gun he used to kill those people.

He covered the hole back up with dirt, leaves, and some twigs then stood up. He sighed and turned to look at me.

"We can't stay here. The police are gonna come here looking for the body. Since this is your house and it's right next to my old one, the police are gonna question you and you could get in trouble," Arvin said and grabbed my hand.

"Well, where are we gonna go?" I asked as we walking back to the house with Oakley trailing behind. "Far away from here," he said.

We got up to the house and got inside. "Get everything that you need and I'll pack some food," Arvin said and I nodded.

I packed a bag with the important thing I needed and some things that we could use like blankets. I came back out to the kitchen and saw Arvin finishing up packing up the food. "Don't worry I packed some dog food too," he said as he read my mind.

We got everything together and got into my car. Arvin said he would drive and I allowed him to. We started our journey far away from here.

I had fallen asleep about a half hour into the drive and I woke up to Arvin nudging my shoulder. "Y/N come on we need to start walking," Arvin said and I noticed that we were parked on the side of the road.

"The car broke down and I can't fix it so we are gonna have to walk for a while and hopefully someone will drive us somewhere." I nodded and stepped out of the car.

I let Oakley out of the back so she could go to the bathroom. Arvin and I grabbed the few bags we had and started walking along the road.

"Y/N?" Arvin asked as we walked. "Yeah?" I looked at him. "I'm sorry for dragging you into my mess, I hope you aren't too mad at me." He apologized.

"Don't be silly Arvin, I'm not mad. I needed to leave that town anyway, I'm glad we are leaving," I explained and he nodded.

We continued to walk in silence with Oakley right by our side. Arvin would hold out his arm with a thumbs up to try and get us a ride whenever a car passed by.

"Damn people aren't nice enough to help two teens out," Arvin scoffed and shook his head. Finally, a car honked at us and pulled over.

"Our luck has changed," I said as we walked up to the car. "Thank you so much sir," Arvin thanked the man driving.

Arvin, Oakley, and I got in the back of the mansion volkswagen bus and put the bags behind us. "Where are y'all headed?" The man asked.

"Anywhere is fine," I said. "I'm headed to Cincinnati Ohio if that's a good place for y'all." I looked at Arvin and he nodded. "That would be great," I stated and the man began to drive.

Only a few minutes into the drive, both Arvin and I got tired. Oakley was already curled up on the seat to the left of me asleep.

I looked over at Arvin to see him yawning then lean back in the seat. He glanced at me then put his hand on my shoulder and pulled me into him.

I was a little tense at first but then relaxed into him. He had his arms wrapped around me and I had mine around him. I placed my head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat.

It was so calming that I started to drift off to sleep. Arvin played with a strand of my hair until I was asleep. Once he knew I was out cold he drifted off too.

We were both extremely exhausted from the previous events. It felt good to be together once again and it was like a huge weight was lifted from our backs. We knew everything would be better now there we were reunited.