18- Archie Andrews

Word count: 1869

I was happy in my unconscious state as I slept. I was in a dream where I was performing a song that I was writing and everything was going well so far.

I was singing until I started hearing my name being called. "Y/N," the voice called out to me. "Y/N come on," it said again and it started getting louder and closer.

In my dream, everything started to get quiet and dark as the voice came closer. It was silent and pitch black and I was the only one there.

"Y/N WAKE UP!" The voice yelled and I suddenly jolted and sat up. "What? What's going on?" I asked and looked around.

"Y/N you're going to be late to school," Betty, my sister, said while she stood at my door. "Oh crap I'm sorry, I must've slept through my alarm," I said and she nodded then left.

I quickly made sure that I had everything in my backpack that I needed then grabbed some clothes.

I got dressed in some black leggings and a sweatshirt since it was getting kinda chilly outside. I put on my shoes, grabbed my bag, and ran downstairs into the kitchen.

"No running Y/N, it sounds like a stampede," my mom said and I nodded then grabbed a few snacks. I shoved them into my bag then said goodbye to everyone.

"Uh Y/N is it okay if you walk to school on your own? Jughead said he would be picking me up," Betty said as we waited in front of the house.

"Yeah no problem, I'm gonna leave now so I won't be late," I said and waved to her. I started walking down the street and I heard a rather familiar engine roar from behind me.

I turned to see Betty on the back of Jughead's motorcycle while he drove it. I waved to them as the past by.

A few minutes went by and I heard a car pull up beside me. I looked to my left and saw Archie in his car. "Hey need a ride?" He asked me.

"I'm okay, thanks though," I said but he waved me over. "Get it, it will save you some time," he said and I gave in. I got in the passenger seat of his car and he started driving.

"So have you wrote any new pieces of music?" I asked so the ride wasn't awkward. "Not yet, have you?" Archie asked and I was shocked. I hadn't told anyone about my music.

"Um, how do you know I write music?" I asked. "I always see you in the music room at school and whenever I hear you sing it's something I've never heard." He looked over at me once we parked in the school parking lot.

"Oh, well I haven't written any music for a while. But Archie please don't tell anyone about my music. Nobody knows besides you now," I said and looked him in the eyes.

He nodded and smiled, "Don't worry your secret is safe with me." "Thank you," I smiled and was about to get out of the car. "Hey Y/N?" Archie said which I stopped what I was doing and looked at him.

"Can I walk you inside? You know, since we have the same friend group and we both have history first," he said. "Yeah let's go," I smiled and we got out of the car.

We walked side by side into the school. "Do we have a new couple roaming the halls?" I heard Cheryl say. "We-" I began to explain ourselves but was cut off.

"You just got together? Great! I'll spread the news. Everyone will support you guys," She said happily and walked off with the cheer team. I sighed and looked at Archie.

"I think we should get to class before everyone starts crowding around us," I suggested and grabbed his hand.

We began walking down the hall and so many people were already looking at us. "Aww they're holding hands," someone said as we walked by. "Yeah they are so cute together," another person said.