Chapter 44

After a shower, I step into my room to change. Loki looks up from his book and asks "Did you enjoy your shower?"

I nod, before dropping the towel and stepping over to my dresser. He takes a moment, before declaring "We need to get you a robe."

When I look back to him, I find he's gone back to his book. He glances up to me and elaborates "Don't get me wrong, a towel suits you perfectly, but a robe is more luxurious. You can walk around in a robe."

I furrow my brow at him, before he looks back to his book "I would say walk around naked, if Jory was out."

I cross my arms in front of me and set my jaw. After a few seconds, he flips the page and looks up to me.

He marks his place in the book, before setting it aside and folding his hands in his lap and looking up at me "Is there something wrong?"

I furrow my brow and ask him "Do you love me?" He gives a cocky smile, and I can't stop myself from declaring "Because, I'm starting to think that you're just staying with me for Jory's sake."

He looks me over, before declaring "I do."

I cock an eyebrow to him, waiting for him to say something else. When ten seconds pass with no other communication, I ask "That's all you got?"

He pats the bed beside him, before ordering "Come here."

After a few seconds, I sigh and move to his side. He sits there for a minute, before bringing his legs up to his chest and telling me "They stole my soul from my body, Thor."

I furrow my brow and look to him in confusion. He furrows his brow and tells me "They used my own spell against me. Made my soul a solid form. All so that you wouldn't realize my body wasn't me, when you rescued it."

He buries his face in his knees and tells me "My soul is so fragile, Thor." He's silent for a moment, before declaring "There's no recovering from it."

He shakes his head, before declaring "And I only have you and Jory that keep it alive. If I didn't have you, I wouldn't have a soul, anymore. I would be a shell of myself walking around."

He rests his head on top of his knees, before declaring "All emotion. All sense of self, it's just stripped away."

He's silent for just a moment, before stating "I can't lose you, Thor."

I sit there for a moment, before declaring "You didn't answer my question."

He sighs, before pushing me back as he moves to straddle me. He leans over me and whispers in my ear "You are stubborn, and arrogant, and full of stupidity."

He places a kiss on my jawline, before telling me "You're also very loving, gentle, and caring."

He sits up and tells me "I've always loved you, Thor. That goes without saying." He places his hands in the center of my chest, before telling me "If only you knew how much your opinion of me has controlled my life."

I furrow my brow and tell him "I thought the world of you."

He looks down at my chest, before I reach up to his back and roll him over. As my knees hold between his, I brush his hair out of his face with my fingers "I still do."

He rests his hand on my cheek, and I slide my hand up to his wrist. After I place a kiss to his wrist. As I do, his eyes wheel up and I furrow my brow in concern "What's wrong, my love?"

He speaks with a muddy voice "I'm scary, Thor." Tears slips from his eyes and he states "I've never dropped my guard. I've never lost my attitude. I feel like I've lost myself, even though I feel better like this." He wipes the tears from his cheek, before stating "I feel like I'm just opening myself up to get hurt. Like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop."

I furrow my brow and declare "I'm here to keep you safe, Loki." I grip his waist softly "I'll never let anyone hurt you, again."

He furrows his brow and tells me "I just... I don't know how to be open, Thor." He looks to me, in confusion "I don't remember how to be loved."

I give a weak smile, before giving him a soft kiss and whispering "Let me show you."

~

In my groggy state, I roll over in bed. As I get up to use the bathroom, I hear Jory's soft snores.

As I flush the toilet, I see a figure going down the stairs.

Following them down, I find Loki leans against the counter, drinking a glass of water.

I furrow my brow and ask "Loki, what are you doing up?"

He looks to me, and something about him seems off. I can't quite put my finger on it. He's wearing this white pajama set I've never seen him wear. His hair is pulled up.

He places the glass down, before declaring "I'll be back upstairs in a minute. You didn't put the seat down."

I nod, before stepping forward and giving him a soft kiss. As I start back up the stairs, he calls after me "I love you."

I tiredly call back "I love you, too."

By the time I shut the toilet seat, Loki leans against the doorframe, stark naked, hair down. He cocks an eyebrow to me "Who were you talking to?"

I step forward and kiss him again "You were the last person I was talking to." I stop for a second, before asking "How did you get undressed so fast?"

He furrows his brow and tells me "I was right behind you, Thor." He pats my bum softly, before ordering "Go back to bed. I'm going to get a drink."

~

The next morning, I hear Jory laughing downstairs. When I pull on my pants, I step down the stairs to find Loki juggling eggs to amuse Jory.

As I step closer to him, he snatches the eggs and sits them on the counter. He lets out a flustered chuckle as I press into him and kiss the back of his neck.

When I rest my chin on his shoulder, he rocks us softly, before placing his hand on my cheek and turning out of my grip.

As I grumble in disappointment, he shushes me, softly, before placing a kiss on my lips.

Jory fakes a gage, before Loki and I look to him, before looking at one another and going in for another.

"You two are adorable." I hear Barton state, and Loki and I jump in surprise. Natasha and Barton stand on the other side of the screen door.