Chapter 7

The next morning, I awaken to a familiar scent. Like lavender and wintergreen. A smile crosses my lips, before I realize where I am.

When I sit up, I find Frigga sits at the foot of my bed "Good morning, darling. I was hoping you could point me in the direction of Loki's chambers?"

I rub my eyes with my palms, before asking "You'd you get here?"

She gives me a cunning smile "You don't think you're father is the only one who can muster dark magic, do you?"

I furrow my brow in my sleepy state, before she declares "I've taken the Tesseract back to Asgard."

I yawn, before asking "Should we expect father soon?"

She shrugs, before I roll out of bed. After pull on my shoes, I scratch my forehead and walk towards the door.

As we walk through the halls, I explain "Someone really messed with Loki's head."

She gives me a knowing look "Loki is very resilient. He can overcome anything."

I stop her, before asking "Why didn't you tell me he lost a babe?"

She gives me a weak smile, before declaring "Loki was ashamed at how the babe was conceived. The beautiful little girl had been dead in his womb for weeks, and he couldn't bare the thought of anyone knowing she was the offspring of a mountain troll."

I give a shocked look, before asking "So, was she too big, or...?"

She gives a weak smile, before declaring "She was too small... and when we cut her from his womb, she was half decomposed."

I stand there, in a bit of shock, before Frigga explains "He begged me to drive a dagger through his heart, after that. Just to give him a bit of a break from reality."

I cock an eyebrow to her "And did you?"

She shakes her head "No, he ended up doing it himself." She furrows her brow "He was gone for six months, before I pulled the dagger out."

I back away from her and give her a hated look "You left him like that?"

She gives a weak smile "It gave him a break from the pain, even if it was just temporary."

I furrow my brow, before asking "Did it save him any pain?"

She shakes her head, before declaring "It just allowed him a moment to take a breath in the eye of the storm."

I take in a deep breath, before continuing down the hall. As she catches up to me, she asks "How did you find out about his babe?"

I stop and ask "Did Heimdall not tell you?"

She gives a confused look, before I declare "He has another child." Her face reads with a joyous expression as I tell her "A little boy."

She sparks up, instantly "Well, I've got to see him! He's my grandson, after all! You simply must take me to him!"

I give her a pitiful look "We don't know where he is." She gives a confused look and I state "Loki won't talk about it."

She looks to me in bewilderment, before I sigh "I believe the man who defiled him, told him that the babe would be safe, if he kept his existence a secret."

Frigga furrows her brow and orders sternly "Take me to Loki."

~

As we walk into Loki's room, I find he's still in bed. Frigga starts to rush towards him, but I stop her and call out "Loki?"

I can hear him take in a deep breath, before I declare "Someone is here to see you."

He sits up and stabs the dagger into the wall at the foot of his bed. When he turns around, his eyes go straight to the floor and he speaks emotionlessly "Why are you here?"