Chapter 43

Odin cocks an eyebrow to me, before asking "You what?"

I set my jaw and turn to the waffle iron. As I flip the first one out, Sif asks "Does he know?"

I take in a deep breath, before declaring "I know they don't need me." I sigh and look to Odin as the life drains from my body "I need them."

He takes in a deep breath, and I shake my head "I just-" I furrow my brow and tell them "I need a title!"

Odin covers his lips, before asking "Is that why you and your mortal parted ways?"

I furrow my brow and state "We part because I couldn't sleep until Loki returned! And when he wasn't in his own body, I just couldn't connect with anyone, besides Jory!"

I reach forward and lift the tape in my hand "And because, the bastards that took him, left this recording of his torture!"

Odin furrows his brow and sighs, before speaking in a soft voice "It messed up your head."

I furrow my brow and look down at the tape "I can't sleep unless I know he's safe. The only way I can insure that-" I cut myself off as I rub my thumb over the tape. The mere thought of it angers me.

I can't stop myself from chunking it across the house. Odin step forward, instantly, to place his hand on my shoulder "Is to keep him sleeping next to you?"

I nod, before looking down to the waffle iron.

I stand there for a moment, before the backdoor opens. Jory steps up to me and wraps his arms around my waist.

Instinctively, I hug him to me. He looks up to me and tells me "Thank you."

I furrow my brow and ask "For what, Sunny?"

He looks to Odin, before grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the stairs. I motion towards the waffle iron "Volstagg, watch it for me!"

As Jory leads me up the stairs, I hear Loki step into the house "Where are they going?"

When we get upstairs, he leads me into his closet and closes the sliding door. I have to duck to avoid hitting my head on his shelf "Jory, this is ridiculous."

He furrows his brow and states "You make my dad happy." He shrugs, before declaring "Even before he left, I remember he wasn't happy."

I take in a deep breath, before he continues "I understand why, but, since he's been back, he's smiling, and he's laughing."

I cross my arms and state "Your dad has always had your health and wellbeing in mind."

He gives me a weak smile "Yeah, I know." He reaches out for my hand and I give it to him "Both my dad, and my REAL father have always only ever thought of me."

I furrow my brow, and he smiles "The Other was never my father."

I take in a deep breath, before asking "Loki told you his name, did he?"

He nods, before looking me over "You knew, all along?"

I look at him, lovingly "I knew before I met you." He sets his jaw and I shrug "I loved you the second I held you." I grip his hand in mine "I still remember the day you became my precious little sunshine."

I kiss his hand and declare "Of course, you were my star, back then." He scoffs and I state "Then you discovered the sun, and that just seemed all to important, not to call you that."

I open the closet door and sigh "But, in a day, the sun is gone too swiftly."

Jory furrows his brow and nods "Yes, I'm aware."

Loki steps into the room and asks "What are you two up to?"

I shake my head, before Jory steps out of the closet and looks to Loki "Just talking."

He hums, before kissing Jory's forehead "Well, perhaps you can go speak to your grandfather, before he innuendos an entire conversation?"

~

As Jory leads the warrior four around the farm on horseback, I step up to the house, only to hear talk inside.

Silently, I sit in my rocking chair as I hear Odin speaking to Loki "He loves you, you know?"

Loki sighs "Yeah, I know."

Odin is silent for a moment, before he asks, questioningly "Are you not in love with him?" When I can't hear Loki speak, my heart shatters.

After a long moment, Odin sighs "You need to tell him!" Loki's silent, yet again,l before Odin tells "Thor is horrified that you'll determine he's not apart of your life." He's takes a beat of rest "He's scared of losing you!"

Loki takes in a deep breath, before sighing "I'm in too deep to just back out, Odin."

Odin speaks softly "How deep, exactly?"

Loki's silent for a while, before declaring "I just couldn't hurt him. Not again."

Odin speaks sternly "He's hurting right now, Loki! Each day you wait, is only going to scare even more!"

Loki raises his voice "You think I don't know that?" He sighs, before declaring "I would rather die than hurt him!"

Odin is silent for a moment, before asking "What do you mean?"

Loki sighs, before I hear him take a seat and speak, tiredly "There is a very high chance that I die in the final battle. Apparently ninety percent."

Odin takes a seat before asking "Who told you that?"

Loki takes in a deep breath, before declaring "Long story short, the time police."

Odin scoffs, before declaring "Those arseholes need to get their heads out of places they don't belong."

Loki sighs "Apparently one of the versions of me that survived, messed up every other universe he could find before he died."

Odin declares "I can do you one better."

Loki looks to him and asks "How so?"

He gives a knowing look "I accidentally went to a different universe and fathered myself."

Loki remains silent for a moment, before declaring "I don't even want to know."