Chapter 4

The entire trip back, Loki sat in the same position, in the exact same seat, with the same dull expression, silently.

When we finally get there, the hatch drops and Fury steps in. As he stops in front of Loki, he looks to me "Has he said anything?"

I shake my head and he looks back to Loki, before I ask, softly "Loki, will you walk with us?"

Obediently, he stands and I nod, before standing and ushering him down the ramp.

Inside, Fury stops and looks Loki over. He speaks as kindly as possible, while still holding power "You'll be escorted to a shower. We'll bring you clothing."

Loki doesn't move a muscle, until Natasha asks "What would you like to wear?"

His face twinges with confusion, before going blank. He speaks, monotonously "Whatever you wish."

Fury furrows his brow and looks to me "Stay with him." I give a short nod, before his sidekick motions for us to follow.

I look over to Loki, before smiling, softly "Coming?" I ask, and he steps forward, slowly.

~

As I kick my feet from the edge of the counter, I hear the shower shut off.

"Hey, Loki?" I call out, before telling him "There's a towel and a robe on the hook outside the door!"

He's silent for a moment, before I see his hand reach out and grab them both.

A couple of minutes later, he steps out, drying his hair with the towel. He timidly places the towel on the counter, before asking "Will I be punished?" I look to him and he clarifies "For breaking free?"

I furrow my brow and explain "I doubt you'll catch anything of the ship, but you did try to open a portal and escape."

"I wasn't trying to es-" he shuts himself up, before bowing his head "My apologizes."

I furrow my brow and ask "Wasn't trying to what?" He remains silent, so I ask softer "What where you doing up there, Loki?"

He stands there for a long moment, before I lean towards him and whisper, warmly "It's just us in here. You know I would never hurt you, right?"

His eyes drift up to just below my chin, before I smile, softly "I won't let anyone hurt you."

His eyes snap up to mine, and I see his big beautiful green eyes for just a moment, before he asks "Thor?"

I give a short nod, before asking "What were you doing up there?"

He takes in a deep breath, before declaring "I can't tell you."

I furrow my brow, before asking "Why not?"

He's silent for a moment, before telling me "Be-"

The door opens and Loki backs away, instantly. Natasha looks to us with a soft smile "I brought Loki some clothes."

As she sits a box down, she explains "We didn't really know what size you are, so I picked out a few."

She pulls out a pair of black boots "We were able to figure out what size shoe you need, though. We've got quite a few of size thirteens, so if you don't like these, we can switch them out." She motions towards the clothes "Same with those."

Loki nods, before speaking downcastedly "Thank you."

She gives him a weak smile "You're welcome."

After a moment, she looks to me and states "Once you settle Loki in, Fury wants us on the bridge."

I nod, before she looks back to Loki "I'll see you later, okay?"

Loki bats his eyes and looks to the floor at my feet. I glance to Natasha and give a warm smile, before looking back to Loki "You don't need to run everything by me, Loki. You can speak to her."

He timidly glances up at me, before looking to the ground "Prehaps you could teach me moral tounge?"

Natasha gives a warm smile "Yeah, of course."

Loki nods in understanding "Yes."

Natasha scoffs, before declaring "I've got to run, but I'll catch you later."

Loki's eyes go wide and Natasha corrects herself "I meant, I have to go, but I'll be back later."

Loki nods, before Natasha steps out. Silently, Loki grabs a pair of pants, and a shirt, before walking into the stall.

Once he walks out, he wears black pants and a green long sleeve shirt. Silently, he walks towards the mirror and just stares at himself.

In concern, I ask "What's wrong?" He shakes his head, before looking down.

He stands there for a moment, before brushing his hair. After he's done, he slips on his boots and looks towards my torso to speak to me "Settle me in?"

I take in a deep breath, before clarifying "A holding area." He presses his lips into a fine line, before I clarify "It'll have a bed, and a bathroom, and a couch for you to..." I furrow my brow and scoff "Whatever morals do. And it'll only be until we figure out everything."

He gives a short nod, before asking "You'll leave me there? Alone?"

I moisten my lips, before telling him "I wouldn't go far, and I'd be back as soon as possible."

He looks towards the door, before taking a deep breath. Silently, he walks over to the door and just waits.

After a moment, I realize he's waiting on me. I give a tender "Are you ready?"

"Yes." He forces out, before I walk towards the door and open it for him.

As he steps out, I ask "Where did you stab yourself?"

He speaks, timidly "Stomach. It's healed up. It's fine. I'm fine."

I look over to him and remind "You don't need to do this around me."

He gives a short nod and stays completely silent until we reach his room.

As he looks around the thousand square feet, I ask "What do you think?"

He takes a moment, before I remember he hasn't slept. When he doesn't say anything, I nod "I'll let you get some sleep."

As I'm about to leave, he wraps his arms around me. After my shock subsides, I hold him softly.

A small smile plays on my lips, before I hear him tell me "I love you, Thor."

In disbelief, I stand, speechless. As he backs away, I come to my senses "I love you, too."

His eyes never meet mine as he reminds "Your friends await."

"Are you going to be alright by yourself?" I ask and he gives a short nod.

After a long moment, I start towards the door. I stop when I step out "If you need anything, just speak it aloud. I'll be back in fifteen minutes."

He gives a short nod, before telling me "Goodbye, Thor."