4

Ana woke up-gasping for air as if she couldn't breathe. She stood up in her bed and began to coughed and coughed until she felt fine. She began to breathe normally while she tried to remember the dream she had. It was slowly fading away from her memory but she remembered the part with Dr. Lecter and his patient, Will.

She looked at the time and saw it was 5:30am. The dreams were getting more and more longer. But this one felt real. Like it happened yesterday during their session. If she mentioned this to Dr.Lecter, he would look at her in a different way. Maybe the dream was just a dream.

Ana couldn't go back to sleep so she decided to watch the News at 5 on TV. She clicked on the TV and laid down on her couch with a blanket. The news hasn't anything important on yet but she felt comfortable on her couch.

—————————————————
She looked at her TV and started to remember what happened 10 years ago. The memory shows Ana at 9 years old at her grandmother's house on a Friday night. She lays down on the couch in the living room while her grandmother gave her a blanket and pillow. Her grandmother sets the pillow and covers Ana with a old Disney Princess twin blanket.

"Guadalupe puedes ver el televisión, pero no lo dejas prendido después que te vas a dormir. Apágalo antes que te duermas(Guadalupe you can watch TV, but don't leave it on after you go to sleep. Turn it off before you fall asleep.)" said her Grandmother. She still had her brown hair pinned up and still wearing her salmon color nightgown.

"Si abuelita. Me voy a ver 5 minutos mas de televisión. Casi he terminado viendo los flintstones.(Yes Grandma. I'm going to watch 5 more minutes of TV. I'm almost finishing watching the Flintstones)", said Ana. She loved how cool her Grandma would let her watch TV at night because her mom and dad wouldn't. Her grandmother was always there for her and even when Ana felt different.

Her grandmother kissed Ana goodnight and left the living to go to bed. After 5 minutes, Ana turned off the TV and tucked herself in the blanket. She closed her eyes and was minutes away from falling asleep.

Until, she heard a thump nearby. Usually she thinks it was her grandma or grandpa who must have walked by to check on her. Then she heard it again.
Thump. Thump.
Ana opened her eyes and sees that she wasn't in her grandma's couch. It wasn't her home either. It was nothing.

She turned around and her setting changed. She didn't know where she was or knew the room.

She looked around and saw she was in a room similar to hers. The room looked the same except the walls and some changes in the room.

From cherry pink walls to cream beige walls, the room had a desk with books and books in stuff that seemed hard to understand.

Ana was little and didn't know why her room looked like this. As she heard footsteps, she sees a girl running and slamming her door. The girl sits on her bed and holds on the stuff animal. STEVIE! That's Stevie.
Ana knew it was her stuffed animal. No one has a custom bear plush with a blue top hat and a blue sparkly vest. Her grandmother made it for her. By hand, by heart.

She looks like me. She has Stevie on her bed.

Ana snaps back to present time and she sits up from her couch. She looked at the clock and it read 6:33 am. Time passes fast when she zones out and it wasn't the only time this has happened.

Ana doesn't know if it was a dream or memory but she remembers it happened.