1

Rainy day in Baltimore, Maryland. The skies were filled with gray clouds that made it gloomy to go out. Guadalupe Ana Mariano woke up to the sound of rain hitting her bedroom window. She looked at her clock. 6:45am. She pushed her bedsheet off her and put on her sandals as she got up to go to her restroom. Today was her first day at therapy after getting diagnosed with depression. As she walked in, she glazed over at her sink and looked up at the mirror. A white bed sheet was covering it and seemed to be there for more than a while. Guadalupe Ana cleaned herself up to get ready for today at school and therapy. She styles her hair half up half down, picked out a dark grey long sleeve shirt with jeans and brown boots. Her community college was a mile away from her therapist office so after her last class at 2:30pm, she plans to go straight to the office. She walked out her bedroom and heads into the kitchen to eat an apple and get her lunch from the fridge then looks back at her watch. 7:15am. She grabs her backpack, lunch, keys and phone and locks the door behind her. Guadalupe lives in a 4 story apartment complex meant for college students only and it's supposed to have two people in each apartment but she wanted one for just herself. She walks down the stairs and heads to the parking lot next to the apartments. She gets on the car and drives to the college. Did I forget something? No. Did I take my medication? No but I have them in my bag. What the hell did I forget? Oh shit. My cat. Guadalupe forgot to check if her cat had food and water left.

She's been forgetting many things now. She hasn't been the same since it began. Her depression hits her bad if she doesn't take the medications. But she knows she won't be satisfied at the end. In 15 minutes she arrives in the parking lot and gets her stuff to be ready for her first class today.
—————————————————————
2:00pm. Class ended early today for Guadalupe and she decided to get a snack at the gas station near the therapist office. The medication made it better than it was in the morning but not fully satisfied. After she gets a snack from the gas station, she drives to the therapist office and parks to eat the snack. 2:23pm. After eating her snack, Guadalupe felt scared to go in and meet the therapist. She never had therapy before and her parents were very against the thought of going to one. You must be crazy and stupid to go to see one mija. No one in this family will go to see one. Have you seen those crazy white people who go to therapy? They are mentally sick and we are Macho. You will be fine. Hispanics parents are something else. After breaking down in front of them in high school, Guadalupe had to quit soccer and mariachi. It was her parents saying "it's too much pressure". The reason she had that break down was because of being bullied and being mentally exhausted. Of course her parents say it's the extracurricular activities.
She walked out her car and walking into a building with floors and a sign with the rooms. Dr. Hannibal Lecter's office Floor 3, room C2.