12

W= Will Graham
A=Ana
J=Julian(Ana's brother)
*Winter time*
Ana just finished with the semester at community college. Holidays are almost here and it was time to decide whether Ana should pack up and go to her parent's house or make up an excuse to not go.
Being with family was always what she had to do as she grew up. Parties, holidays, and any family reunion was always go spending time with family. She never got a choice to stay home so she stayed on the side, away from her cousins and stayed with one of her siblings most of the times.

Now that they are older and they are starting to have their own lives, it seems that she won't be able to just hide away again as she used to. Ana stood looking out the large bay window of her apartment to look at the snow around. The area was filled with families walking as the sound of cars pass by in the neighborhood. The apartment complex was located in a neighborhood where most of the houses were built over a century ago.

Ana looked back at her apartment and looked at how lonely the apartment felt. No Christmas colors or decoration in sight. If she was staying home, she would want to make it feel like Christmas but better. She had decorations in boxes stored away luckily and that was going to be here plan for tomorrow. For now, she had a plan to go out and get take out for dinner.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
She got her jacket on with her side bag. She walked out the door of her apartment then went out the building. There was a small business a two blocks away she saw promotions of when she passed by on her way to school. She walked to the restaurant and once she opened the door, she was surprised how busy it is. People in line waiting for their takeout and the smell of peppermint filled the air. She looked at the menu, took a picture of it and sat down for a minute to decide what to eat.
She chose what to get and ordered it.
As she looks around to wait without bothering others, she spots a familiar figure on a booth.
She walked towards the table and her footsteps were heard by the person.
"It's been months and you still haven't fixed your hair." Ana says. The person looked up at her and was stunned.
"Hi Will."

"Long time since we saw each other." Will gestured his hand on the seat in front of him.

"I'm good. I remembered about this place and wanted to check it out." Ana sat down and smiled back at Will.

W: "It's not very interesting place. The coffee is decent."
A: "Well, I'm just trying it out and ordered dinner takeout. You never know what this place has to offer."
W: "Dinner at 7pm?"
A: "Yeah and it's not that bad, just bad thinking timing."
W: "You can eat here if you want to. I'll be leaving in a bit anyways."
A: "No it's fine. I ordered takeout. I don't want to bother you. I'm just confused to see you here around this side of town."
W: "Well the truth is I found this place the day I returned your wallet. I came here and ate something since I forget to eat in the day. Then became something I didn't have hate for."
A: "Yeah. With seeing corpses and trying to find the Ripper in the job, it must of lose your appetite. How is Dr. Lector?"

Ana looked worried for a bit, since he hasn't seen Hannibal since that night at the opera.

W: "He is good from I see. You know you don't have to say Doctor anymore since he isn't your therapist. Call him Hannibal."
A: "Calling him by his first name is odd. I never heard a name liked that."
W: "That was my thought too. You'll get used to it. How is it going with the new doctor?"
A: "It's been doing great. Mine is Dr. Bédelia Du Maurier. She is a great person, but I feel bad I didn't give a chance to Hannibal. "
W: "Hannibal can manage losing patients, but he did mention to discuss about having another dinner with the 3 of us."
A: "I would love that. Maybe soon." Ana smiled at Will as he looked up from the table to her.
Suddenly a bell rings from the counter and a voice shouts out Ana's order number for takeout. Ana goes get her bag of food from the pick-up table and returns to the booth to say buy to Will.
"It was nice to see you again. I hope you can catch the Chesapeake Ripper." Ana stick out her hand for a hand shake from Will.

Will stood up from the seat and shook her hand back. "Me too. Before I forget, here." Will hands out a card to Ana and she took it and saw it was his phone number written in the back of Jack Crawford contact card.
"In case of emergency, call me or Jack Crawford. I don't sleep most of the nights." Will hinted to Ana.

"Thank you. I'll see you around." Ana said.
Ana waved at him as she walked out the restaurant. She came out and walked back home while the sunsets in the horizon.

Ana ate dinner at home while watching Law and Order as usual. As she almost finished dinner, a call came from her phone. It was her middle older brother. She worried that I was night and getting a call late usually means someone is dead or at the hospital.
She picked up immediately and said, "What happened?"

"What? No hi? No hola hermano favorito?" Said Julian.

"It's literally 8pm here. Usually getting calls at night means something serious happened." Ana panic a bit.

J: "No nothing has happened, yet. Anyways I just called to see if you are coming for Christmas and New Years. Mom and Dad are hosting this year so they are making plans and who is going to come. Didn't you get the invitation in the mail?"

A: "I did but it didn't say RSVP. Just that I was invited."

J: "Lupe, are you going to come?"

A: "I'm not."

J: "Wait, what?"

A: "You heard me, I'm not going."

J: "It's the holidays, with family and Karina is due to have the baby after Christmas before new year's. You have to be here for the birth of your niece."

A: "Look Julian, congratulations on becoming a Dad. I promise I am happy for you but I do not want to be around Mom and Dad. Especially my therapist recommends it."

J: "I thought that was a literal joke. Why doesn't she want you to go?"

A: "She said I needed time to continue the progress I have done in therapy without any issues. I can go if I chose to but she doesn't recommend it. Not after what happened." 

J: "That was two years ago Lupe and they apologized."

A: "They apologize in text, not in person. I told them more than twice that I would accept their apology only in person."

J: "So come! They will apologize. I'll make sure of it."

A: "Look. Send my love to everyone. If something happens with the Karina or the baby, I'll come to be there for you. Okay?"

J: "They are going to be mad so prepare getting phone calls and texts tomorrow."

A: "Good thing I don't answer my phone. Love you and tell Karina I said hi and I miss her."

The call ends with Ana worried for what can come near the future. She can't just ignore the phone calls and make useless excuses about why she wasn't flying back home. She could make a Christmas dinner at her apartment and maybe invite Gia to come along with her sisters since they don't do anything for the holidays. Maybe this can be a beginning of something new.