Draco x Fem!Slytherin!Reader

TITLE: Constellations
WORDS: 1,968
COMPLETED: 1/7/21

[Draco's POV]

At four in the morning, I was woken up to the sound of an argument occurring in the commons. This, however, was a regular event within the Slytherin House. But after hearing (Y/N)'s voice, I was quick to throw myself out of my bed and make my way down the steps. The only two who were down in the commons were (Y/N) (L/N) and Pansy Parkinson, both of which had obviously just woken up. And I was almost certain that Pansy was the individual who started the argument. The three of us were all still in our pajamas and half asleep.

    Pansy wore black sweatpants and a black t-shirt that was rather large on her. (Y/N), on the other hand, was attired in green flannel pajama pants and a black tank top, her hair a complete mess. And she looked absolutely stunning, despite her putting no effort into her appearance. I prayed that I wasn't blushing. She looked at me, then her cheeks went red and she quickly looked away. I was in dark grey sweatpants and didn't even have the decency to throw on a hoodie, so I was just shirtless. And it was rather embarrassing. Pansy, however, refused to look away from me.

"Why are you two fighting this early in the morning?" I growled, feeling completely exhausted and knowing for a fact that I was going to go back to bed after I dealt with the two of them.

"I caught her attempting to sneak out," Pansy spoke in an obnoxious tone of voice, which caused me to groan in annoyance.

"And why do you care if she leaves?" I mumbled, rubbing my eyes and trying to keep myself awake for a bit longer just to solve this disagreement.

"She could lose points for Slytherin. I wouldn't put it past her to attempt to sabotage us. Her and her selfish ways--"

"Say that one more time and it'll be the last thing you ever say," (Y/N) seethed, her voice sounding raspy and terrible, giving me the inference that she'd only woken up not that long ago. Pansy had the actual audacity to gasp, as if she didn't completely deserve that threat.

"She's also being completely dramatic," Pansy huffed in exasperation, looking at me as if I was going to take her side. However, I only rolled my eyes at her.

"I mean, I believe that you deserved that threat, first off. Second off, why don't you just mind your own damn business?" I grumbled, which resulted in Pansy looking at me with complete shock. She seemed so stunned that I didn't care at all about her feelings. (Y/N), however, was clearly attempting to hold in a laugh due to my bluntly rude statement.

"Because, Draco, I'm concerned about this freak-show and what she will do to the reputation of the entire Slytherin House," Pansy whined, looking at me with innocent eyes. As if she was actually worried about anyone other than herself.

"You know what, Pansy, why don't you go back to bed and I'll handle this situation," I compromised with the annoying female, who gave (Y/N) a snarky look over her shoulder and then headed off to bed. I exhaled a sigh when she had finally left the common room and I heard the door to her dorm slam shut.

"My god, I thought she was never going to leave," I grumbled as (Y/N) nodded in agreement.

"Thanks for that," (Y/N) mumbled to me, letting out a small yawn before walking over to the fireplace, which was still ablaze from the previous night.

"No problem. Where are you going, might I ask?" I muttered, my curiosity getting the best of me. She exhaled a weak sigh and looked into the fireplace, wrapping her arms around herself for warmth. I felt bad that she was cold. Then I got upset with myself for feeling that vulnerable towards her. That's childish and foolish of me.