Chapter Eight~ Hallucinations

Hallucinations. An experience involving the apparent perception of something not present. An illusion the mind makes up itself.

When she woke up the next morning and looked around her room, as if she didn’t know she has been there for seven months.

A girl walked up to her, smiling and started dancing around the with evidence of ballet. She girl laughed like bells chiming. I’ve never seem someone so happy.

Sophia saw a couple sitting in the chairs next to the door talking to each other, each holding a cup of coffee. 

Smiley your going to get better!

She searched for the one who spoke but the room was empty. The words felt familiar, but she didn’t know from where.

A small women came into the room, wearing doctor garb, short black hair cut below her jaw.

“Good morning, my name is Doctor Lee.” That lady said, “How are you doing today?”

I hesitated at first, but she seemed to be nice. “Fi-ine.” She swallowed hard.

“Do you know what happened to you?” When I tried to remember what took place last in my life is the flash of someone’s face, but I barley remember what was before that.

“I-I don’t know...” The lady writes something down on her clipboard.

“Do you know your full name?”

“Sophia- uh.. um Rien?” Doctor Lee frown just the slightest, “Could you tell me how old you are, Sophia?”

I don’t remember the last time I looked at myself in the mirror. “Umm 14 I think, no-” She thought more about it, flickers of memories coming by me so fast. Blowing out a candle. Dancing with someone. Driving a car down the road. Walking into a old building.

“16 right?” Sophia asked the doctor. She shock her head, “Your 17 Sophia.” She gave a heaving sigh, rubbing her eyes and temple. 

“Why don’t I remember anything?” I’m frustrated with myself as a nock came at the door, Doctor Lee opened to a tall figure of a man.

“How’s my little girl doing?” The man expression was hopeful, but I was confused.

“Mr. Ryan, I don’t think she-” Doctor Lee tries to speak, but the man doesn’t listen

“Who are you?” The man stops short of touching my cheek. Freezing in the moment. 

“Who am I?” The man say, “Sophia don’t you know who I am?”

My heart drops to my stomach when I see the mans face fall.

Doctor Lee steps in a tells me what has happen, the man sit down with his face in his hands.

“Sophia,” Lee started, getting my attention, “You had a terrible accident causing you to have head trauma.” I nod slowly, crossing my legs on the bed.  “You were in a coma for six months.” Six months? Six months!