Chapter Five~Seeing

Seeing. The action of seeing someone or something. Discern or deduce mentally after reflection or from information. You need to see something before you can accept that it really exist or occurs. Even if you don’t want to accept or see it

The couple had found a hotel they planed on staying in till there daughter showed improvement... Andrew stayed at the hospital every weekend, keeping a dairy for Sophia, thinking maybe it was a good idea for when she woke up. She would know what happened to her while she slept.

Three days from the accident.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 15, 2010

Your friend, Kathleen, called your parents today, she is worried why you haven’t been coming to school. This was when your parents found out about your brake up. Kathleen said that you might not want to come to school because of it... We told her what happened to you.

She demanded that she be able to see you soon, so she came over to the hospital. Cried for hours over how unfair it was to you, she is a true friend, Sophia. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two weeks from the accident.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 26, 2010

Mr. Ryan bought an apartment only five miles away from the hospital. Moving a few things in there from the home. You seem to get better, blinking more when things change, like the lights coming on or off... No one else has tried to visit you, Kathleen said you were a girl every one knew. Maybe they just can’t come all the way here, I know you live father from here an all. Kathleen disagrees, saying that they only like you for your money. I’m so, so sorry for everything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four weeks from the accident. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 2, 2010

School is already out and your brother’s, Josh and David, got out of college for summer break. They visited you in the hospital almost every day, both sad that this had to happen to their little sis. Your friend says a lot of people are talking about what happened, gossip, sorry. Not much has improved, not to scare you or anything, but the doctors believe that your brain dead. Your family hasn’t given up. 

Please wake up, Sophia...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The family grew more dependent of each other during though the hard times. Ms. Ryan stopped painting as much, the twins staying at the hospital with Andrew. 

Every now and then Kathleen makes the trip down here to see you. Mr. Ryan working the same, but not to get away any more, but to pay the bills. 

Two, three, four, five months, nothing changes.

Five months. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------