Chapter Four~Still

Still. Not moving or making a sound. Undisturbed by wind, sound, or current: calm and tranquil. Deep silence and calm. Make or become still. Quieten.

Fast breaths come out of his mouth in puff of air, one second she was there then she wasn’t and the car went spiraling into the ditch. While my own truck spun around on the road a few years farther then it was.

I never saw the car creeping out from the ditch opposite from were it was now, the hill I drove over covered any of my view until it was to late...

Running out of my truck to the tumbled car, he couldn’t hear anything from the diver. Worry created a nest in his head, he didn’t know what happened or what to do.

Police! I had to call for an ambulance! He ran back to the truck, the only thing that happened to it was an indented bumper and a flat tire in the front. 

After finding the found he called 9-1-1 who answered on the first ring. 

“This is 911, what is your emergency?” The trained voice spoke on the other line.

“Um.. I hit someone with my truck... I-I don’t know if they are alive.”

“What’s your location?” He answered quickly,

“Country Road 779. Could you please hurry.” He ran a hand through his tousled hair.

“We are sending someone down there now, what is your name?”

“Andrew Spire.” He answered and walked to the steaming car, just one side of it was untouched  but the rest was in dinted, smashed and scratched off black paint. 

Andrew walked to the drivers side and tried to look into the cracked window. The window now brighten by flashing red and blue. The sirens grew louder and louder till they were right behind me.

The firefighters brought a giant electric saw that they used to remove the drivers door. I was moved out of the way as they worked, the police asked questions as the paramedics brought out a stretcher.

They took out a young girl from the driver seat... Her head was bleeding bad, she was unconscious now, most likely from the pain.

They placed her onto the stretcher, strapped her in and ran back to the ambulance. Everyone was talking quickly but he couldn’t caught a single word, his mind was filled with the images of the pale girl bleeding. If she dies it would be on my conscious forever....

“Get in the ambulance, you might have a concussion.” Doing what they say without thinking.

They shut the doors and speed off to the nearest hospital, they looked over the young lady. Searching for all wounds other then the head injury. Asking me question to see if I was in a safe mind set till they could check at the hospital.

We made it to the hospital in record time and it occurred to me that my parents would be wondering about me.