Chapter 4

Ms.Jenn had everyone lined up, as her and Carlos walked down the line, telling students what role they should audition for.

"You're probably a Chad."

Ms.Jenn said to a student before getting to Ashlyn. "You, You're giving me uncommon depth. Ms.Darbus?" "I'm dying. I'm deceased. Yes." Ashlyn said.

"I overheard you saying you write your own songs." Said Ms.Jenn while smiling at Mia. "Yeah I do." "Instead of you performing the same song as everyone could you sing one of your own?" Asked Ms.Jenn.

Mia felt so happy after hearing that. "Yea, of course". "I'll say... Kelsi" said Ms.Jenn while giving a wink a Mia. On the outside Mia was fine, but in the inside she was so happy that if she could she would be jumping up and down with happiness.

Now all Mia had to figure out which song she was going to perform. As she got her song, and had all of her guitar chords that would work perfectly with her song.

Lucky for her, she had found an extra guitar in the back room. After she got her guitar she nervously walked up to the front of the stage. "Am I too late? Am I too late?" A voice Mia knew way too well echoed, coming for the back of the auditorium.

Ricky ran to where everyone was seated. "We're all set on Troy's. We're low on Chad's. You can read after our last Kelsi and then Gabriella's."

At first Mia was confused why Ricky was even there; he hated musicals, she would know that first hand. Every time Mia would ask if Ricky wanted to watch a musical with her he would automatically refuse. But then she took a look at Nini and everything came together.

Ricky was willing to do anything to get Nini back in his life. But the only thing she was very confused about was why Ricky didn't tell her.

"Ok Mia. Let's try this again." Ms.Jenn said while smiling at the girl. "Yes girl !You can do this" Kourtney cheered Mia on, scaring Ms.Jenn causing her to spill her coffee on to the light board. One by one all of the lights went out, leaving Mia standing in the middle of the dark.

"Nobody panic! Mia hunny let's wait for the light to come back on. I don't want you to be thrown off." Ms.Jenn offered the girl, while trying to clean up her spilled coffee. "I am not thrown. I am Mia Brown and this is a song I am writing, it's called This Queen Doesn't Need a King (it's actually written by me).

She placed her fingers where they needed to be so she could play the chords and she began to strum. She already had the first verse and the chorus. Taking a deep breath to calm down her nervousness, she began to sing.

"You were a page

but this book is mine

my mind was in a cage

Now it's all aligned."

As Mia started to sing Ricky forgot how good she actually was at singing, it's been a few months since the last time he heard her singing. Every Time she was singing and Ricky came over she would stop 20 minutes later so there would be no chance of him hearing it.

But a few months ago, Ricky surprisingly went to Mia's house without her knowing, so when he walked in her room he just stood there hearing her sing sounding like an angel. After that day Ricky has never heard her singing.

" Found a new galaxy

I'm finally in love

Inside of me

I'm flying, no gravity

New reality."

After looking at his best friend for a while he realized she deserves a spotlight pointing at her. He immediately whipped out his phone and turned on his flashlight. As he walked closer to her, she could feel butterflies in her stomach and as she sang her smile just grew bigger while also making him smile.

"Handcuffs with your name on it

I broke them down

The feeling I was committed to

It drowned."

As she finished her demo she did a bow, after that the light came back on and she hugged Ricky, and they stayed like that for a few seconds while Ricky said "You were amazing" "Thanks, I am glad you like it."

After she stopped talking to Ricky she went back to the back room to put it back where she found it. When she came back she realized she missed Nini's performance. She sat down next to Big Red as she heard Ms.Jenn calling Ricky's letting him know it was time for his auditions.

hi, srry I took so long to update. well I hope you like this chapter vote and comment what you would like to see. :)