Chapter 1

———————— 2 weeks later——————

    One week before school starts and Mia and Ricky spend the rest of the summer together so Ricky wouldn't be alone. She was laying in his bed watching tiktoks, while he played a few rounds of 'Fortnite'. She was scrolling through tiktok and she came across a 'trend' while your boyfriend is playing video games and you sit in their lap.

     Mia took an opportunity, placed her phone somewhere he could not see and sat in his lap. "Hold on let me die" he said as she was sitting down placing her chin on his shoulder. After he died, he took one of his hands and started to rub her back and kissed her shoulder, after they stayed like that he saw the camera.

    "If this for a tiktok" he asked. "Yea, I am sorry" M said trying to leave his lap. "Stay" he said while holding her back to stay in his lap. They both forgot the phone was still recording, so they just stayed like that for a while after Mia remembered that she was recording.

    "Ok, now I have to leave so I can check the video" Mia said leaving Ricky's lap and going to grab her phone. "Fine, if you have t00" said Ricky with a sad and annoyed tone in his voice.
After Mia had already posted the video, she didn't think it could go viral and had a bunch of comments like 'Goals', 'My dream guy' and one that Mia saw she was very surprised after she saw a specific comment.

  'The fact he asked you to stay is just so cute'. Mia didn't know what they meant by that her and Ricky always had a close relationship, but this time they were just closer.

       After the 3 friends got to school they got off their skateboards. "Today is the day guys, It's happening." Said Ricky. "Hell yeah. Junior year, baby. Might grow a mustache, might do a lot of things." Said Big Red. Mia started to laugh. " I am sorry Red but I just don't see you with a mustache" she said with a happy voice. "Guys, I am talking about Nini, Today is the day we start over". Said Ricky.

     When Mia heard him say her name he felt so heartbroken and uncomfortable when she heard Ricky talking about Nini. Don't get her wrong she loved Nini, she loves her and they are very close friends. Since summer happened Mia couldn't get Ricky off her head.

    "Ok guys I am going to head out". Said Mia, but she just wanted to leave because she couldn't help hear Ricky talking about Nini anymore. Right after she closed her locker she felt a hand tap on her shoulder and soon as she looked at who the person was they automatically hugged.

   "Nini, I am so happy to see you, hey Kourt how are you?." "I am doing good," said Kourt. " Camp was amazing, it was nothing I've experienced before. Aaannd I met somebody". While Nini said that she smiled, while Kourtney passed the phone to Mia's hands.

    "I know him, why do I know him?" After taking a closer look Mia recognized him. "Omg, isn't that E.J Caswell?" Mia asked, giving the phone back to Nini. " Yeah, I am o.2 away from making that my lock screen."

   While M grabbed her notebooks from her locker, Kourtney asked, " and what does you-know-who have to say about this?." "I am waiting for the right time to tell him." Before Mia could warn any of the girls, Ricky wracked up to them. "Yo Nini! What 's good?" Mia looked why because she did not want to see how this awkward conversation would play out.

    "Hey." Ricky awkwardly laughed, "hey. Um, can we talk?" Nini asked, clearly starting to get very uncomfortable with what was about to happen. " I met someone at camp, I didn't plan..." Ricky cut Nini off.

   "Wait, wait, is this a joke?" "Still talking here". Nini snapped at him. "I met someone at camp, I didn't plan it for it to happen but it happened. He was the music man, I was Marian, the librarian. It's called showmance". Nini took a deep breath and just let it all out.

   "Wait, you went to librarian camp? That 's a  thing?" Mia put her hand over his mouth "be quiet, it's not the time for jokes". Please tell me you're joking" Ricky said with worries in his voice. "I am not," said Nini and Big Red at the same time. Mia just gave Red a death stare, after covering his mouth again.

  "Come on Ricky! You know what you did. Or what you didn't do." After Nini said that an announcement came on on the PA letting students know about a back to school kickoff."I'm going to head out Kourt, tell Nini if she needs me just text me ok." Mia whispered to Kourtney "Ok girl, see you later". Kourtney Responded to Mia.