Chapter 6

Mia stood in front of a mirror in the backroom while Kourtney took her measurements for her costumes. As she took a deep breath Kourtney asked, "You nervous?" Kourt asked. "The only people that have heard me sing is my dad and Ricky"

"Girl you don't need to worry. You think the people out there have more experience than you? They don't. Yeah, maybe some of them have been in a few plays or musicals, but there are other people here that are new at this just like you."

Mia's heart felt so warm after hearing those words coming from anyone. "Can I hug you?" Mia said as a joke while laughing softly. "One second let me get these last measurements... ok now I can." After the hug she left to join the rest of the cast for a read through.

As Ricky walked by, a strong scent came off of him." Woah dude, what's that smell?" Mia asked.

"Throb! Remember that cologne I got bombarded at the mall with Nini? she said she liked it... And you said you liked it too." Mia put her hand in his cheek. " Yea I like the subtle smell of it, but right now you smell like Aber Crombrie store."

"Could everyone get to their assigned seats please?" Ms.Jenn called out. Mia took her seat next to Ashlyn, grabbing her scriped out of her backpack. Mia couldn't help hear Ms.Jenn tell Red that he would be reading the stage directions. She let a quiet laugh, knowing Big Red she knew he would not like it.

Ms.Jenn started to explain how we would become a family, as of this moment, but at this minute E.J. Caswell was giving Ricky the scariest look anyone could possibly get.

Ms.Jenn asked for us to hold hands for this, Mia couldn't help herself and let out a little laugh as soon as she saw the face E.J was making after he heard that. Ricky easily held Nini's hand, and it was kind of obvious that she was very uncomfortable.

Ms.Jenn started to sing 'We're All in This Together", Mia opened her to see Nini remove her hand from Ricky's, after that Ms.Jenn hit the high note and everyone opened their eyes to see it. When Ms.Jenn stopped singing Ashlyn was the only one that clapped.

As soon as we start the read through, Big Red starts to read, something you don't know about him is that he is not a big reader, "Stop, don't run it all together read the punctuations." Said Ms.Jenn to Big Red, and he did what she said he literally read the punctuations.

"And that is Act 1 lets take a break" Said Ms.Jenn with annoyance in her voice.

Everyone quickly came out of their seats, the trio Big Red, Mia, and Ricky all went to a corner in the auditorium. "So do you think Nini noticed that I was using Throb?" "Ricky I think everyone could smell your cologne, you are such a dork." The girl responded to Ricky, "Well I am your dork." After Mia heard that she opened her arms so Ricky could hug her.

When Ricky hugged Mia his hand went to her waist and Mia's arms were placed in the back of Ricky's neck.

Ricky had left to go get his stuff in the auditorium so him and Mia could go to Big Red's house. " You guys confuse me" asked Red to the girl. "What do you mean?". "What I mean is at one point you guys act like you are best friends but then seconds later you guys look like y'all are a couple." Mia was kind of confused, but that also gave her a thought.