Chapter 2

Ricky and Big Red found Mia in the bleachers, his arms resting on her thigh, But Mia was zoned out to notice what was happening.

     "Go Wildcats" was the first thing Mia heard after a t-shift was launched in a t-shirt cannon, Mia flinched and the shift hit a random boy's face. A few moments later she realized that Ricky was worried and nervous as his leg was bouncing up and down multiple times. She placed her hand in his thing for him to calm down, right after he felt her hand on top of his thigh he immediately stopped .

        "My name is Ms. Jenn, and when I heard that the high school where High School Music was shot had never staged a production of High School Musical, the Musical, I was shocked as an actress, inspired as a director, and triggered as a millennial." Both Mia and Ricky let out a low laugh, facing each other "Millennial?." They mouth it at the same time.

      "Auditions are tomorrow after school, this show could change your lives. And I'm saying this as a background dancer from the original movie. Third from the left. Back row, red headband, and those are my real teeth. So...". After she finished a student tried to take the microphone from her.

    "Oh! And meet your student choreographer, Carlos! You know him as captain of the color guard. I know him as an unpaid, rising star." The bell rang letting the students know that it was time for them to go to class.

     Mia couldn't lie she was very tempted to addition. After all High School Musical was a big part of her childhood, she always loved singing and acting but she has never do it in front of people. Her dancing was not the best, but if she practice she would be all set.

      Lunch time came, and Mia meet up with the boys at the table they have sat in, for the last 2 years. "Dude are you seeing this?" Red asked. "I'm seeing it, I'm hearing it, I'm hating it." Said Ricky with anger in his voice. "I can't believe it. She's dating Ej Caswell." Mia punched Red lightly in the arm, don't get her wrong she loves him, but sometimes he doesn't know when to shut up.

          "Yes. I have eyes." Ricky said, clearly said very annoying that we were  even talking about it to begin with. "I mean, co-captain of the water polo team." "Yep." "Senior class treasurer." "That's correct". "Red I really think you shoud.." said Mia trying to get Red to stop talking about Nini and EJ "I mean, what are the odds that the guy she hooks up with at camp goes to East high?" "Apparently the odds are exceptionally good." Ricky bursted out.

     "I am sorry dude, what are you going to do?" Mia asked Ricky. "I don't know M. No offense, but the one person I go to for advice is currently on her honeymoon in the cafeteria.". After Mia heard those words coming out of Ricky's mouth she truly did feel heartbroken.

     Picking up her bag and tray, she said in a annoyed tone of voice "I will see you guys later ok?". Leaving Ricky and Big Red by them self's. "    I am sorry M, I didn't mean it". She ignored him as if he wasn't there anymore, she throw her trash away and left trying to forget what just happened.