V

"What are you doing here?" I looked at the three men standing in my doorway, trying to keep my anger at bay for the moment

"We came to see you!" Wren cheered softly. I hadn't seen him for four years. He was taller than he used to be. Still as cheery as ever though.

My frown deepened. "Why?" I asked sharply.

Cameron was eyeing my cigarette. I had seen him 18 months ago. Though, we didn't see each other much at the end of his time here. We lived separate lives, the two of us. Both equally fucked up, but separate nonetheless.

"Well, I'm on Christmas break and these two had some time off work, so we figured we'd come see our little sister." Emil said.

I crossed my arms over my chest. Five years. I hadn't seen Emil in five years. Wren in four. Cam in 1 and a half. They were just too 'busy' to come and see me. In five fucking years, he hadn't made it home for one weekend or holiday.

"Why?" I snapped.

They all exchanged looks. "Because you're our sister." Cameron spoke slowly, as if speaking to a toddler.

I gritted my teeth. "Why the fuck are you here now?" I was done playing games with them. I wanted answers, and I was wanted them now. I didn't have the time or patience for this.

Wren frowned sadly at me. Cam crossed his arms over his chest angrily. Emil just seemed guilty.

"We want to see you Felicity. Maybe if we can come in, the four of us and Mom can have a chat." Wren suggested softly. He was always the peace keeper of us.

"Mom isn't here." I savored the sour taste of the smoke that still steadily slid down my throat. It was the only thing keeping me grounded right now. I think I would lose what little cool I had if it wasn't for the nicotine in my system.

"Where is she?" Emil wore a frown that I thought may have been concerned.

I shrugged. "Why does it matter?" It wasn't his business. Hell, if I wasn't forced to live through it, I wouldn't want to know anything that I knew.

He was about to say something, but Wren interrupted him. "We can talk inside. I don't think any of this is hallway conversation."

We stood there for a moment. Them waiting for me to let them in, and me debating whether I should. I was tempted to shut the door in their faces. But, in the end I decided to at the very least hear what they had to say before I kicked them to the curb. They walked in and took a seat at the kitchen table. I stood in the doorway, watching their every move. I was wary of them. Their motives for being here, no doubt selfish or self fulfilling in some way. They all looked older. Emil looked sadder, and more tired than I remembered him.

I wonder how long he's been planning this. I wonder how much worse he would look if he knew what he left me here to deal with. He had been 22 last time he was here. Him, Jules and Emmett had all delayed their life plans to help Mom until me, Cam, and Noel were older. Then one by one they left. Wren, Noel and eventually, Cam following in their footsteps.