s.r. - our little family

You closed the front door, throwing your keys on to the table and setting down your purse. You heard a scream, your daughter running from down the hall and into the living room, Spencer chasing after her. He caught up to her and she let out a shriek, giggling as Spencer picked her up. You smiled, your daughter looking at you.

"Mama!" She said, escaping Spencer's grasp and running over to you, you leaning down so you can be at her level. She wraps her arms around your neck, you picking her up.

"Hey, baby! Mommy missed you so, so much today." You cooed, holding her tight. You kissed each of her warm cheeks and then her little nose, a giggle leaving her lips. "What are you still doing up, little miss? It's way past your bedtime." You said through a smile with gritted teeth, turning your head to Spencer, him returning a nervous smile.

"Daddy played chess with me until I stole his queen!" She laughed.

Your mouth made an 'o' shape, seeing Spencer pull the chess piece out of his pocket. "She's trouble. She gets that from you."

"Does she?" You asked, Spencer walking over to the both of you and kissing you gently.

You set your daughter back down on the floor, tapping her back. "Go get your jammies on so daddy can read you a bedtime story."