e.p. - positive

You heard the lock of the front door click and your heart started racing. Quickly hopping off of the couch and onto your feet, you grabbed the envelope and held it tight as you waited for Emily to walk in. Your lips pulled up on their own, your cheeks sore from how much you've been smiling today. You received the best news today -- the news you and Emily have been impatiently waiting for -- the pregnancy test results. You and your wife were ready to start your family and you got artificially inseminated two weeks ago. Now holding the positive test result, about to tell her that your wishes have come true made your mind go to mush.

The front door opened and you greeted her with a wide smile, her returning one. "What are we so happy about?" She asks, putting her purse and keys on the table. 

"You'll see!" You say, holding the envelope out. 

She takes it from you, reading the return address and her eyes light up, an excited laugh escaping her lips. "Oh my god, Y/n!" She shrieks, taking the letter from its case and quickly unfolding it. 

You clasp your hands together and laugh as her eyes hastily scan the page. After a few seconds, she throws her hands up in the air, "We're having a baby!" 

"We are!" You reply, her arms wrapping around you and squeezing you tight. 

"Oh, I'm sorry," she says, stepping away and kneeling so her face was near your stomach. "I don't wanna crush the baby." She coos, you letting out a small laugh. 

You place your hands on your belly, "Our baby is in there, love. Isn't that insane?" 

She smiles, "So insane!" She places her hands on your hips before kissing the thin fabric of your tee-shirt. "Hi, baby."