j.j. - what the hell happened to us?

massive tw: arguing, yelling, physical anger, toxic breakup

I plow into the bedroom, JJ behind me. "JJ, I don't know how many times I have to tell you. It's me or Will." I grab a duffel bag from the closet, yanking all of my clothes off of their hangers and stuffing them inside.

"Baby, it's not that simple!" She argues, tucking her blonde hair behind one of her ears.

I turn around, my jaw tight. "But it should be!" I shout, pushing all of the fabric into the bag. "If you really loved me, you wouldn't even have to think about him."

We are back where we were three months ago: JJ telling me that there's a guy and that he wants to be with her. This stupid cop from New Orleans. They've worked on two cases together now and apparently, they've been talking ever since. Behind my back, of course.

"I need to weigh my options, Y/N." She says. I whip my head to face her, seeing the regret washing over her face. I scoff, my lips pulling up the corners at how much of a joke this is. There is no way that this is actually happening to me. She tries to take her words back but I interrupt before she can.

"Weigh your options? What is this, a game at the fucking playground?"

She sighs, rubbing her temples, "I didn't mean it like that."

"Then how did you mean it? Because right now I'm really feeling like your second choice."

She pauses, just looking at me. Her eyes are red and tears are staining her eyelashes. I'm standing there, waiting, watching as her lips move and no words come out. It feels like a century before she squeaks, "Y/N, I'm pregnant."

I swallow hard, my throat bone dry. My heart crashes down into my stomach and all I can think about is him touching her. His hands on her body where I should be the only person touching. Him being what she wants.

"How far along are you?" I mutter.

"You know how I've always wanted to be a mom. It's what me and my sister dreamed of and-"

I interrupt again, my voice louder. "How far along are you?"

She breathes in, "Eight weeks."

"So you slept with him on that case in New Orleans? Just like how I said you would and you promised that you wouldn't?"

"He wants to get engaged. He wants a family just as badly as I do."

I drop the bag onto the bed and walk over to her, grabbing her arms so she's looking right at me. I'm squeezing her arms tight, tighter than I should be but I can't control it. "What do you think I wanted with you? Huh?! Did you think I didn't love you? That I never meant what I said about you? Because I do. I want a life with you, JJ! But we can't because you're off screwing other guys while we're together!"

Her lip is trembling and I let go, placing my hands on my hips and walking to the other end of the room. "You cheated on me. Little miss perfect cheated on me with southern schmuck. Wow. I'm pathetic. I'm pathetic for ever loving you and convincing myself that we could work. So fucking stupid, JJ."

I look at her and she looks smaller than ever, huddled against herself. Her cheeks are bright pink and wet. I sigh and sit down on the corner of the bed. I know I shouldn't have touched her, I went too far.

"JJ, I'm sorry. But I just don't know why you did this. I thought we were happy." My voice trails off.

She wipes the tears falling down her cheeks and sniffles. "Will is who I pictured myself with. I never pictured the rest of my life with a woman. I... I guess I fell into the fantasy of it all. I'm sorry."

"So what, do you wanna break up?" I ask.

All I want to hear in this moment is that she messed up. That she loves me and always has and always will. I want her to tell me that she can't imagine life without me. That she wants to raise this baby with me and leave Will.

But she hesitates.

I raise my brow and she knows that I know. She wants to be with him.

I stand and grab my bag, walking out of the room. Once I get to the front door, I take my keys from the hook and remove the key to our apartment from the ring. JJ comes out and I throw the key onto the entryway table, throwing our future away. Or was she the one to do that?

a/n - I'm not going to be posting this on tik tok for obvious reasons, but I'm really sorry if this disturbed you. thanks for reading and I'll try to have happier content soon :)