Chapter Six

»»———— HAGRID'S CHICKEN ————««

"Val, if you don't wake up you're going to be late." Lolita shook the girl once more. She sighed out and rubbed her eyes, finally getting up this time. She looked at the time and realized there was only an hour until classes started. She jumped out of bed and rushed to the bathroom, jumping in the shower. She still felt a little drunk, having only slept around four hours, roughly. She was never doing that again. The last thing she remembered was dancing with Cedric. Oh, Cedric...

No. She wasn't doing that. She's here to focus on her studies and that's it. This was only a one time thing, Lolita promised her she'd leave her alone after this. How truthful that promise was is the question. Hopefully there won't be another one for a while and she won't have to worry about any of her pestering. She regretted a lot of the things she did last night, but she knew deep down it was all things she wanted to do. She wouldn't let herself accept the fact that she had fun. She had a lot of fun. In fact, that was the most fun she'd had in her life. But, she wasn't here to have fun. And she couldn't get attached to these people because she didn't want to get hurt. That all would only distract her from her studies further.

After taking a shower, she brushed her teeth and did her hair. She put on some mascara and brushed through her eyebrows before putting on her uniform. She made sure it looked presentable before walking out. She grabbed her bag and Lolita gave her a look. She was standing there with her arms crossed. As she examined the dark-haired girl before her, she saw that emotionless look back on her face. There was something up with her. She had these walls up, but Lolita was confident she could tear them down. She just needed to get through to her. "How do you feel?"

"Awful." She answered shortly. The shower made her feel a bit better, but ultimately, she was what you would call hungover and sleep-deprived. She just kept thinking last night was a terrible idea.

"Don't worry about that." She shook her head, and Val wondered how she could possibly not worry about it. Today was going to be long and hard if she felt like this all day. She was literally never doing that again. "Ready?" She asked, and she just nodded. Here she was again, back to not talking. She followed Lolita out of their dormitory and into the Common Room. As she did, many memories came flooding back into her head— like the one including Draco and Pansy going to her room last night. She didn't know why the thought of that made her feel warm, like a fire within it, and it made her throat swell up. It was silly of her to ever even think about asking him to dance. Let alone, search for him to act on it. She hated last night, even if it brought good things like Lolita and Theodore, and Ron and Hermione. She was happy for them, but that sort of thing just wasn't for her.

"Good morning, ladies." Theodore greeted them. He walked up to Lolita, pulling her in for a passionate kiss. He was so happy he got to do that now.

"Aren't you two cute." Marcus chuckled. Val wondered where he had been all night. Probably eating. As she looked around, the Common Room was already back to normal. That was the work of magic, she presumed.