Chapter Twenty Three

»»———— FOR YOU THE MOON ————««

Val saw Draco in the hall. She rushed to catch up with him. "Hey, how'd it go?"

"Uh, fine." She shrugged simply, and he gave her a look. "I may or may not have told him that if he couldn't stop controlling me, then I didn't want him in my life. He told me if I walked out the door, then he wasn't going to be able to help me anymore. So, I walked out the door. And now I need to find somewhere to live."

"What?" He shook his head at her. "Val, why did you do that? You need him."

"No, I don't."

"You're being ridiculous."

"Well, whatever. What's done is done. Even if I may have just said some things out of anger, this is all his fault anyways. He's the one who basically ruined my life. I can make my own decisions, you know." She sighed. Draco reached down and grabbed her hand, rubbing it with his thumb. She gave him a small smile.

"Just give it some time. Everything will be fine." He assured her, and she just nodded.

"What's going on out here?" She gestured to the entrance courtyard, where everyone was standing around.

"I don't know, I think it's Professor Trelawney." He replied, and they walked over to where the others stood to see what was going on. The professor was standing in the middle of the courtyard, Filch bringing her things out to her in suitcases. Filch loved having Umbridge around. She was the only other person who hated the kids as much as he did. Umbridge walked out of the double doors, going to face her.

"Sixteen years I've lived and taught here. Hogwarts is my home. You can't do this." Trelawney cried. Everyone felt it when she said this was her home, because it was theirs, too. She may be odd, but everyone loved Professor Trelawney.

"Actually," Umbridge held up the parchment. "I can." Professor McGonagall rushed past them, hurrying over to Trelawney and taking her into her arms as she cried. Umbridge eyed her, then. "Something you'd like to say?"

"Oh, there are several things I'd like to say." McGonagall narrowed her eyes at her, then went back to consoling Trelawney. They all heard the doors open and shut once more, but this time it was louder and angrier. Dumbledore marched over to them.

"Professor McGonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?" He asked, and McGonagall nodded quickly as she began leading her to the entrance. Trelawney stopped and took Dumbledore's hand on the way, thanking him quickly. Umbridge just stood there with a smug look on her face, because she knew she had more authority than Dumbledore did.

She smiled, her voice as high-pitched as usual. "Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of Educational Decree Number 23, as enacted by the minister—"