Chapter Twenty Nine

»»———— ONE IN A MILLION ————««

Things at Hogwarts were still relatively the same. They sucked with Umbridge constantly controlling everything. They didn't think it could get any worse until it did. But aside from Umbridge, Val was becoming particularly annoyed with Pansy and her little entourage. Pansy, Milicent, and Daphne were constantly together and anytime they saw Val, they would whisper about her. They would point and laugh, or they'd insult her. Something that had caught on was calling her the Halfblood Princess, which irritated her beyond belief because she knew Pansy's goal was to try and make her feel inferior considering Draco was a Pureblood. Val was only going to be able to take so much more until she cracked.

As she was walking through the halls after class one day looking for where she and Draco usually met, she saw Pansy standing there talking to him. She had been wearing much more makeup than usual. Dark, sensual eyeliner and red lipstick. She was trying to draw everyone's attention to her, especially Draco's. Milicent and Daphne were standing behind her. Val already felt herself begin to get angry when she saw them talking. Her pace quickened as she made her way over to them, watching Pansy put her hand on Draco's shoulder. He hit it off quickly, even though he hadn't noticed her approaching yet. When they finally noticed her in their peripherals, Pansy turned and looked at her with a smirk. Draco could tell she was angry, and it was going to end up good. "Ah, yet again, it's the Halfblood Princess. Don't you ever have anything else better to do?"

"Yeah, seems she's always stalking us." Milicent narrowed her eyes at her. She was bulkier, and Val knew she wouldn't win in a fight against her. But that didn't mean she didn't know how to play dirty better than anyone else.

"Pansy, would you knock it off!" Draco scoffed. His eyes widened when Val pushed past the two girls and grabbed the collar of Pansy's robes. She pressed her against the wall all at once, just past them.

"Get your bloody hands off me!" Pansy exclaimed, pushing her and grabbing at her hands. Val didn't let up, though. Draco just let it happen, watching as he leaned against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. He knew he didn't have to fight for Val in a situation like this. She was more than capable of taking care of herself. But, then Milicent and Daphne went to step in. Val turned and pointed her wand at them menacingly, making them stop in their tracks.

"I can assure you, you don't want to mess with the daughter of Severus Snape. Because I can do things to you that you wouldn't imagine even in your worst nightmares." She threatened, and of course the two girls cowered down. Pansy gave them a look, and they shrugged. "If I see you near him one more time I will kill you, Parkinson. Believe me."

"Ooh." Pansy sang out with a smirk. She continued to struggle beneath her grasp, though. "Someone's beginning to lose their cool. Why? Do you feel threatened by me? You know I'm hotter. Dray prefers Purebloods, you know. Your blood, it's tainted. You're too imperfected for him."