Chapter Eleven

»»———— R U MINE? ————««

They danced around, until the orchestra stopped and a live band began playing. It was like their parties, but much more traditional and without any alcohol. It was fun, but not as much fun as they were going to have later. Flitwick crowdserved over them all, the professors having as good of a time as the students.

Cedric found her for one last slow dance as everyone was clearing out. He just held her close as they swayed back and forth, listening to the music. "I've been meaning to tell you, thanks for the tip on the egg."

"Did you figure it out?" She looked up at him. He nodded.

"Prefects bathroom on the fifth floor. You open it underwater, and it sings a riddle. It took me ages to figure it out, but I think I finally got it."

"Good." She smiled. "I'm glad I could help."

"I know, I don't know what I'd do without you." He chuckled, and he noticed how her smile fell. He could tell there was just something between her and Draco that he just couldn't touch. He was just holding on for the time being, until she came to her senses and decided to be with him. No matter what happened between them, he would treasure their time together. He had learned a lot from her and had a wonderful time. "I intend to tip Harry off about it. He's the one who tipped me off about the dragons, after all."

"You're very kind." She acknowledged.

"I try to be." He nodded. "Anyways, we should get going. The Gryffindor party starts in a little bit."

They walked out of the Great Hall and headed straight to the Gryffindor Common Room. It was her first time seeing it, though it was hard to tell exactly what was going on as the red neon lights lit up the room. The walls were an ancient looking print in red, with stone brick everywhere. Enchanted paintings adorned the walls. There was a large fireplace in the middle, similarly to their Common Room. Red velvet pincushion sofas sat around the room. There were chess tables and bookshelves scattered about. All the furniture was constructed of an oak wood. Golden chandeliers hung throughout the room. The windows were shut with red velvet curtains to match the sofas. It was lovely, but not as nice as the Slytherin Common Room, in her opinion. She supposed the red dress was fitting, though.

"The ones that hate me the most look just me, you tell me what that means. Make a slick comment and see what that brings. I seen it go down, we can reenact things."

As they walked in, the Head Boy and Head Girl handed them drinks. She sniffed it, and it smelt fruity. She took a sip of it, and it tasted like some delicious juice but it was alcoholic. They should do this at their parties. Gryffindor was obviously trying to compete with them. Someone began yelling, then. "Ced!"

"Hey!" He grinned at them. Lolita walked over to Val, somehow already drunk.

"Did you have a great time at the Yule Ball?!" She asked excitedly.