Chapter Thirty Nine

»»———— DOBBY AND HIS FRIENDS ————««

They ventured back to the tent, then, calling for Hermione and Lolita. "Is everything alright?"

"It's fine. Actually, you know, it's more than fine." Harry gestured to Ron behind them.

"Hey!" He smiled brightly in his typical Ron way. Hermione wasn't having it as she walked up to him angrily.

"You..." She ripped his bag off of him and began hitting him. "Complete ass, Ronald Weasley! You show up here after weeks and you say hey!? Where's my wand, Harry? Where's my wand?"

"I don't know." He backed away from her quickly.

"Harry Potter, you give me my wand!" She exclaimed.

"I don't have it!"

"How come he's got your wand?" Ron asked.

"Never mind why he's got my wand." She turned back towards him, then noticed the sword in his hand. "What is that?"

Ron held up the destroyed locket, making Lolita grin. "You've done it! All of you! Brilliant!"

"And how is it that you just happen to have the Sword of Gryffindor?"

"It's a long story." Harry took the focus off Ron.

"Don't think this changes anything." She narrowed her eyes at him before going to walk away.

"Oh, of course not. I only just destroyed a bloody Horcrux. Why would that change anything?" He exclaimed, making her stop. "Look, I wanted to come back as soon as I left. I just didn't know how to find you."

"How did you find us?" Theodore asked.

"With this." He held out the Deluminator. "It doesn't just turn off lights. I don't know how it works, but Christmas morning I was sleeping in this little pub keeping away from some Snatchers, and I heard it."

"It?" Harry gave him an odd look.

"A voice. Your voice, Hermione. Coming out of it."

"And what exactly did I say, may I ask?" She crossed her arms over her chest, still angry with him for leaving her like that.

"My name. Just my name. Like a whisper. So I took it, clicked it, and this tiny ball of light appeared. And I knew. And sure enough, it floated toward me, the ball of light, went right to my chest straight through me. Right here." He pointed to his heart. "And I knew it was going to take me where I needed to go, so I Disapparated and came to this hillside. It was dark, I had no idea where I was. I just hoped that one of you would show yourselves. And you did."

They all went inside the tent after that, getting warm. "I've always liked these flames Hermione makes." Ron said to them. Hermione was sitting outside the tent, keeping watch. "How long do you reckon she'll stay mad at me?"