Chapter Seven

I wake up the next morning and roll over so I'm facing the back of the couch. The sun hurts my eyes and I feel like I haven't slept in months. I can hear everyone talking but I don't move. Carl and Debbie run over, Debbie is holding Liam. "Amanda, it's morning." I ignore them. "Amanda, come on." I was having another episode and I knew it. One of mine, sleep all day for a few days then be fine. I sit up and ask the time. I can feel eyes on me but I don't look that way. "It's 1pm." Debbie tells me, "I'm going to go deposit the money and then check on Mickey," I tell no one particular. I grab my bag and walk out of the house. The bank doesn't have a lot of people in it. When I told them how much I have, they said they were gonna call the cops on me. I told them my great uncle died and I got his money. They believed me and made a bank account. "I'll be adding to it regularly," I tell them. "College fund". Next I go to the hotel, just in time for lunch. Mickey is already eating. "Deposited my money," I tell him. "College fund of sorts." He looks at me and then my food. "Are you feeling okay? Did you eat today." He moves over to give me food and I push it away. "Can I sleep here tonight?" Micky nods and I get up and move to the bed and fall asleep. He tries waking me for dinner but I just turn away from him. I wake up to him on my phone. "Yeah, Fiona don't worry. She's here... No... Yeah, I have no clue what's up with her... Before? Yeah, she does this." There's a long pause. "I'll send her home later. I'm letting her sleep." After a minute he hangs up. I fall back asleep. I wake to Mickey shaking me up. "Honey, it's dinner. You slept all day. Fiona called." I just roll over. "Have some food?" He grabs my arm. "Let me go." I whimper and pull away. He gets up but I can still feel him watching me.

He tries to wake me a few more times but I just stay in bed. "You've been here almost 72 hours." He says to me while we are laying down. "Please eat, use the bathroom. Take a shower." I move a bit. My body doesn't feel as heavy as before. "I haven't seen you this bad before." He comments. "I'm worried. Last time it was a few days and I could get you up and moving."concern laces his voice. I grabs my hands and pulls me up. First he brings me to the bathroom, tells me to use it and brush my hair and then come back. I do just that and when I'm back he has me eat food. "It's good," I tell him. He gets up and I can hear water running. "Bath time" He says as He pulls me into the bathroom. I get in and he closes the door and leaves. He leaves the door open a crack and I can tell he's outside making sure I'm okay. Once I'm done I go back on the bed to lay down but he pulls me up. " no, you slept for almost three days." I throw myself onto the floor and curl up. I close my eyes. "Thank god you're like ten pounds." He says as I feel him lift me up and put me on the bed. He de-curls me and puts my head on a pillow and blankets on my body. I can't sleep. I don't bother to try. Like he said I was asleep for two days. I'm just being a burden. Mickey has his own shit. I need to leave.

I get up quietly and leave a small note.

Dear Mick,

I'll be back eventually. I think space and air will help. I won't do anything to stupid. Maybe I'll meet up with Monica.

I think I'm just annoying the Gallaghers and you have to put up with my shit because I paid for your room.

I'm sorry. I might go to Florida. Heard it's warm this time of year.

-xoxo Amanda

I grab my purse which has a $50 and walked out. I found a junk car. It's old and no one will miss it. I get in the car and start to drive. I laugh to myself as I pull away from the curb. My phone goes off.