Chapter 15

Fiona didn't make it to the hospital with us, They took her into custody. Everyone looked around at each other, wordlessly asking what next. "Hey Lip, I'm gonna take Debbie and Liam home." I offer, they shouldn't be here in a hospital again. "We want to stay with Liam," Carl tells me. I just grab his arm and walk. 

It's not very long after that I get a call from Kevin telling me that Vee is in labor with twins. I grab my keys and drive to the hospital. I walk into the room the doctors told me to go in and see two cribs next to a sleeping Vee and a smiling Kevin. "Two healthy girls." He tells me. "Im a father!" I've never seen him smile more than he was now. Vee sturs in her sleep. "Fiona?" she asks. "No, it's Amanda," I tell her. "Fiona is in jail." Her face drops. "Shit, really?" I nod. "Your baby's are beautiful.  So cute!" She just smiles and reaches for her baby. "Can you hand me one?" She asks me. I did, I gave her one and she holds her. She then hands it to me. "Nine months I gave my body to them and now I have to wait longer to make sure my body is okay after that." She rolls her eyes. "I need to get my hair done, nails did, and a gym membership," she tells me.

A lot happens before Fiona comes home. Mickey and Ian drama, Liam healing, and Lip taking over. When Fiona gets back we all meet Sammi, Sammi is insane. She is related to us only because Frank fucked some girl in college while on shit and they didn't abort. No one likes her much and she tries taking Fiona's spot as a caregiver. Lip sides more with Sammi and that means the rest of the family does too.  In the month's shes been gone Lip and me have been paying the bills meaning I had to get a better paying job then Enzo's. I stole cars again, helped Enzo sell some drugs, and stripped on the nights at an all-girls club. I found lesbians are ten times more respectful than grabby, touchy men. 

Fiona has this new job. With an older, slightly hot boss who has a drug problem. She works long hours and isn't home unless it's her curfew. All she says to me nowadays is, "Go get this from the store, Make sure Lip can grab that, Can you go to Vee's and ask for this." All the running around is exhausting, especially because of work. Fiona wanted me to work less and go back to school but it's hard to go back to something you left when you were ten. I figured school starts at seven am and goes till, after two, Clubs go from two to five. I told Fiona I've been going to school but really, I've been saving money to travel and working. Ten hour days and sometimes four or five hour nights. Most weeks I work fifty hours at Enzo's doing anything (Drugs, cars, stealing). Jimmy-Steve same back after a few months and caused Fiona to break off with her husband(?). Was he ever a husband to her or a quick fuck?

But now, im sitting on the steps of the Gallaghers with Ian. "Im leaving to go to Florida, I heard it great this time of year!" I glance at Mickey's baby in the back of the car. "I was wondering if you want to go?" he asks me. I pause and think.  Yes, this is stupid. and now im starting to think maybe im not the only Monica in the family. "Sure," I tell him and hop in next to the baby. Both our phones constantly ring. Fiona, Mickey, Lip, Enzo, Kevin, Vee, they all call multiple times. We don't awnser but we do laugh. "They think we are broken, they want to lock us up. But I think we are just adventurous." Ian laughs while talking. "We ARE on an adventure," I say. "I think we will make great babysitters for this trip." I look back and see him asleep in the baby seat. "Do you think Mickey loves me?" Ian asks. "Oh, for sure. I've never seen him this happy." Ian smiles and then turns up the radio. We sing-along for a few hours pull over for food and gas, and then I fall asleep, letting Ian drive. Ian wakes me and tells me he's getting diapers and food and that I can wait in the car, I don't. I walk into town to buy smokes. I end up having to get them from some man off the streets because the store wanted my ID and said I was too young.

I see Ian driving into the parking lot next to me so I run over. "Where did you go!" he asks me playfully. "You disappeared!" I laugh. "Got cigs, sorry." I shake the pack and he grabs one. "follow me if you want drugs." He says as he walks up to a group of men. "can I get drugs for a blow?" he asks and I laugh. "Same here." Two men walk us to cars and we exchange our services for weed and coke. "Fuck yeah!" I say as we walk out of their cars with the drugs.

"Fuck no!" I hear Ian as he runs to the car and grabs his baby. The cops chase him and I hit one on the head while trying to get them to leave us alone. Another grabs me and throws me into his car. Soon after Ian, who looks like he was crying joins me. We sit in the car numb, coming down from our adrenaline high. "Fuck." I say when I think about our mini trip.