Chapter 14

I hear her footsteps as she gets closer to my door. Mickey walks in seconds before her. She comes in and looks at Mickey and me as we sit on my hospital bed. She goes to speak but cuts herself off. We sit in silence for a few minutes. Mickey protectively moves closer. "Mick, can you get me jello from the cafeteria?" He agrees and gets up. The room is silent for another minute, Then Fiona speaks up. "Why didn't you want to see me?"

"I don't know." I can feel her eyes burning the back of my head. "That's not a good enough answer." She says angrily. "Im a mess, and you have enough to deal with," I tell her. "But that's not true. You're a Gallagher, you will always concern me ." She laughs a bit. "I know about your medical history." She tells me, clearly avoiding using any of the actual words. "okay... I promise I don't wanna be another Monica. I'll be no trouble." She looks shocked. "Do you think I'm mad?" She asks me. "Yeah. I have the same fuck up that our mother has, and said mother is the reason our lives are like this."

"Bipolar is NOT a fuck up, your not a fuck up, and your nothing like mom," Fiona says as I hear the door open. It's Mickey and a doctor. "She can go home." Mickey says before the doctor can. "we are adjusting your medication and please remember to take it two times a day. you might change to three tines a day, but let's see how two works." Fiona grabs the new bottle from the doctor before I can. "I want one of us to watch you take your pill each time you take it so at dinner I can ask around to see who saw you take them." I grab the bottle and read one with breakfast and another one with dinner. Sounds easy enough.  I nod along with Fiona and Mickey who are soaking up every word the doctor says about side effects and things to look for. Fiona asks for a paper and writes notes on the most important things the doctor says and then makes a copy and hands it to Mickey. "Just in case Amanda stays over one night." I roll my eyes and let out the loudest sigh possible. "You act like I'm irresponsible," I tell the whole room. "I can take my own damn meds."

"Clearly you cant because you almost DIED in a car crash because you neglected to tell someone to get you more of them." Fiona's stare is like daggers in my head. "Okay fine." I whisper quietly."You don't need to be so rude about it Fiona. I've learned my lesson, no more skipping the pills." Fiona grabs a paper from the nurses in the room to discharge me, which takes almost two hours due to the new medication and the fact that she isn't my legal guardian. Mickey drives us home and parks in front of the house. "Wanna come in?" Fiona asks him. "yeah, whatever." He says following us. "So, you and Ian?" Fiona asks him. I can hear the hope in her voice. "What about us?" Mickey asks her. "Buttsex," I say giggling. "She wants to know if your giving her brother aids dumbasss." His eyes go wide. "Oh, yeah we are together, I guess."

"We should have a party tonight because my boss broke up with me a few nights ago because I fucked his older brother, and your back so yay," Fiona says. "Plus, my ex-bosses brother gave me coke." She holds up a bag of it. "Shit, I would love to stay but I gotta go, save me some?" Mickey asks. "Not gonna be the reason for your OD Mick," I respond as he walks away. He runs back over and hugs me lightly as if I'll break and then leaves. "He's a good kid, stupid but good," Fiona says to no one in particular. 

That night the music is loud, and beer is out, some coke on the table and the rest on the washer. I get halfway through my fourth beer and cigarette before I call it quits. 

I wake to hear the panicked voices of my siblings. "LIAM!" I can hear Fiona yelling. I run downstairs to see him passed out, coke on his clothes. Lip holds the phone and dials 911. When they get to the house they take Liam in an ambulance. Everyone rushes to get up but I don't move. Im stunned at what just happened.  We just got one of us out and now we put another in the hospital!