thirty two

DISCORD!

Niki
hi Ophelia :)

Niki
I haven't talked to you in a while

ophelia
hi

Niki
How are you doing?

ophelia
dunno

ophelia
haven't rlly talked to anyone for a few weeks

Niki
You okay? Anything happen?

ophelia
yeah.

ophelia
lots of shit that really hurt

incoming call from niki

answer  decline

IRL!

"Okay, tell me what's wrong because I know you aren't okay." Niki sternly said.

"You sure?" Ophelia softly asked. "It's a lot to take in."

"Tell me, Ophelia."

"Long story short, me and Wil broke up."

"Ophelia," Niki frowned. "I'm so sorry."

"No, don't be." Ophelia shook her head. "It was for the best."

"You two were so happy together."

"Don't remind me." Ophelia bitterly chuckled.

Niki just frowned. She knew how much Ophelia loved that boy.

Ophelia sighed, pulling her hoodie somehow closer to her, stiffening when she smells the sent of what Wilbur smelled like. It was his hoodie he gave to her for her to keep.

"We had reasons for ending it, and they're still valid as ever; but back at the start, we didn't need reasons for anything."

"It all just happened. We didn't need a reason to fall in love. We just did, y'know?"

"The reasons came at the end, and everything that's happened since then has been all about reasons."

"And that's probably good."

"I guess what I'm saying is I hope things are good for him. I hope he's doing okay."

"But a part of me hopes that he'll remember what it was like before all the reasons... And that he misses me, too." Ophelia finished, resting her chin on her palm as she waited for Niki to answer.

"You're never going to forget him, Ophelia." Niki responded quietly. "You're always going to love the color of his eyes, and you're always going to search for someone with the same contagious laugh."

"You're never going to fully get over him. You're going to have those nights when all the regret and pain comes rushing back. You're going to miss him with all of your heart."

"But you're going to be okay."

"I really hope you're right, Niki."