the one where he doesn't listen

summary: poe dameron + 'i think we should take a break' 'you're right - we'll get some food, cool down and then we can talk about this' no, i mean a break from us'

warnings: language 

Would you just listen to me?!'

You ignored the calls of your boyfriend, violently kicking open the door to the air hangar. You stormed inside, a scowl on your face - you didn't notice Jessika and Snap jump back at the sight of you. You breezed through the base, boots thumping into the concrete floors, steps like thunder. You couldn't even look at Poe - you might throttle him otherwise.

You usually embraced his rebelliousness. His courage was one of the many things you loved about him - but this was your mission. You were the commander. It was a different story when he was ignoring your orders. The whole operation had been blown up because he couldn't listen for once in his life.

'Baby, please-'

You stopped in your tracks, and Poe crashed into your back with a grunt. You turned to face him, and for a split second, he held out his arms. The action, however, was quickly retracted when you jabbed your finger into his chest. He silently thanked whichever god was up there that looks couldn't kill - if they could, yours would have been a weapon of mass destruction.

'The one time I need you to listen!' You snapped. 'The one fucking time, Poe!'

'I said I was sorry-'

'- sorry doesn't get me my mission back!' You continued, cutting him off. 'Sorry doesn't change the fact you ignored me. Sorry doesn't change the fact you went against my direct orders!'

There was a little bit more to it than his disobedience. You weren't a superior behind a comms link, barking orders at him. You were his partner - the one person you'd hoped would be the exception to his insubordination. That was what was causing most of the fuel behind your rage.

Poe bit his lip, nodding. 'I'll make it up to you.'

'How?' You snorted. 'You find a time machine and go back and unfuck this up for me?'

He grimaced, hopelessly scrambling to find something - anything - to say that could possibly calm you down. 'I'll explain it to Leia. I'll take the fall.'

'That was gonna be the case anyways.' You murmured.

Poe reached out to grab your hand, but you swatted it away.

'Don't.' You shook your head. 'Look, I'm gonna go to my quarters and get the mission report done. I need time to think - and maybe a wall to punch.'

'Wait,' His mouth dropped open, and that was when the magnitude of his actions finally seemed to click. 'This isn't gonna change anything is it, for us?'

You knew the us that Poe was referring to - and he didn't mean your professional relationship. He meant the us, us. The us that had sneaky kisses and escapades in broom closets. The us that laid together at night in each other's arms, discussing everything from from work that day to theories about the deepest, darkest galaxies. The us that might have been the only stable thing in Poe Dameron's unpredictable life.

'I don't know.' You sighed. 'I just need time to think.'

You paused, the volume of the situation beginning to cause the descend down a slippery slope of misery and rage.

How could he do this to you? You knew that the flyboy was capable of some exceptionally dumb things, but this one took the crown. This was the grand finale that completed The Chronicles of Poe Dameron's Dumbassery (patent pending).