𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 4

"Anger is only one letter short of Danger." Eleanor Roosevelt 

»——————◦•♛•◦——————«

"PRINCESS GOLDOM!"

I was awoken by pounding on my door.

"PRINCESS GOLDOM YOU'VE BEEN IN YOUR ROOM FOR FOUR DAYS. PLEASE OPEN, WE MIGHT HAVE TO REPORT TO YOUR MOTHER."

I groaned and rolled over. I rolled over and noticed my bed was covered in an alarming amount of sweat. I felt better but I stunk and my stomach was growling furiously at me. I stood up walking towards door. Passing my large mirror I noticed something on the back of my neck. A Pantera crest. I was jumped for glee but hissed at the pain. I have never been so thankful for long hair, and makeup. I undid my messy bundle and covered my crest. I quickly opened the door to 3 distressed maids.

"Princess!" They jumped with glee. But soon stopped, taking in my drastic appearance. 

"Oh my! call the doctor!"

"No! I'm fine, it's just a cold."

They looked at each other but didn't argue.

"Alright may we come in? we must fix you up and lay you down." I nodded letting them in. 

"oh my" one of them gasped.

They rushed me into the bath.  I couldn't bother to stop them, quite grateful I could get rid of my nasty smell.

I insisted on scrubbing myself and soaked for an hour. They cleaned and conditioned my hair, than chose comfortable sleeping wear. 

"You will have to stay in a guest room. We need to deep clean your entire chamber, throw away your mattress and bedding, than replace them." I nodded heading over to the other room. I was still in agony, walking felt like a chore. 

I laid into the fresh bed in the guest room and had a cool towel placed on my forehead. The Princes must of had this treatment their entire recovery. Most likely, better. I allowed myself to rest and recover. This would be better if I was in the comfort of my own chamber. But, as soon as my mattress was replaced, I would be right back.

...

"MY MATRESS." I had a few books hidden under my mattress. They would know. And I don't have the strength to get away. I forced my self up and headed towards the door.

"Calm down Angel." I was greeted by a figure leaning on the door.

he waved my books in my face and grinned.

"I acquired the books." he told me while bowing.

"Thank you Griffin, you really do always have my back." I said while laying myself back down.

"No I don't. I left you, I was powerless and couldn't help you." he sat next to me.

"There's nothing you could've done. It was better just me than the both of us. It fine reall-"

"NO! its not fine! don't you understand? It would've been better if it was the both of us. Because I could've at least of been by your side." his voice cracked.

I looked at him and tears fell from his eyes. I sat up and gave him a warm embrace. His tears soaked my shoulder, his breathing muffled.

" I was so scared, I was so scared I was going to lose you. I thought I was never going to see you again." he whispered into my shoulders.

"Me too, Griffin" I hugged him tighter, a few tears escaping my eyes. 

After being in the same position for a few minutes, I pulled away and held him at arms length.